Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: 2022 MLB draft

Default Re: 2022 MLB draft

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Seems like, NIL changed that.

Do lawyers paying NIL money lose their NIL rights when the student steps back in the classroom?
    I’m talking about MLB rules. If you don’t sign a kid and they attend college, you’ve lost their rights.

Now with the draft being held a month or so later than it used to be, that may have changed.

2. Default Re: 2022 MLB draft

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    I’m talking about MLB rules. If you don’t sign a kid and they attend college, you’ve lost their rights.

Now with the draft being held a month or so later than it used to be, that may have changed.
    Oh, ok. I don't think anything has changed.

I am saying this could be an opportunity to change and save money.

Hey BeauCajun ya think TP is mad that Ethan got drafted by the Brewers? Ethan is in Oxford right now so it will be interesting to see what he does. The Brewers weren't a team that he was expecting to get drafted to. Proud day for the family and Lifetimecajun.

https://twitter.com/FooteNote/status.eh1GKIXfqwf4kQ

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Oh, ok. I don't think anything has changed.

I am saying this could be an opportunity to change and save money.
    This is bargained between the MLB & MLBPA, I don’t see it bubbling to an important issue with all the other things that need fixing.

If you take out the newcomers, we had nine drafted. CCU-3, UL-2, TXST-2, UTA-1 GSU-1

That really isn't a big haul. And only four of the nine went on day 1 (Eric Brown) or day 2 (Knorr, Van Scoter, Cheney).

Yet our league was pretty doggone good. That means lots of good players are returning. With ODU and USM joining us, it's gonna be a helluva spring in 2023.

MLB is letting college baseball take over player development, obviously reducing their investment. That model has worked well for football. I am surprised it took baseball so long to figure this out.

8. Default Re: 2022 MLB draft

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    MLB is letting college baseball take over player development, obviously reducing their investment. That model has worked well for football. I am surprised it took baseball so long to figure this out.
    More player development is what the league needs for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RAGINCAJUN11 View Post
    More player development is what the league needs for sure.
    It is certainly better for college baseball, better for players who will earn more degrees and fans who see better quality baseball.

10. Default Re: 2022 MLB draft

It is certainly better for college baseball, better for players who will earn more degrees and fans who see better quality baseball.
    Agree 100%

11. Default Re: 2022 MLB draft

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Hey BeauCajun ya think TP is mad that Ethan got drafted by the Brewers? Ethan is in Oxford right now so it will be interesting to see what he does. The Brewers weren't a team that he was expecting to get drafted to. Proud day for the family and Lifetimecajun.

…and Vermilion Catholic!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post

Hes going to school.

Looks like Jacob is playing this summer to get some interest in signing him.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto.00028153256838

14. Default Re: 2022 MLB draft

Looks like Jacob is playing this summer to get some interest in signing him.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto.00028153256838
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hope somebody gives Jacob a shot.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information