Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread: Football Attendance Comparison

Default Re: Football Attendance Comparison

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Using that damn Bell might helpin general, just a total lack of creativity with the assets available. Acadiana is a treasure trove of musical talent, invite artists to be a part of pregamebut ring that bell constantly 20 minutes, 30 minutes prior to pregame.signal somethings starting to happen, finish that beer and that BS story you've been telling and get into the stadium.
    Have you ever heard the bell? I was once in an empty cajun field in the north end zone and the bell started to ring. I could barely hear it.

Pregame power hour inside the stadium. $1 natty lights up until Cajuns run on the field. Get local sponsors to donate for a 5k t-shirt sponsorship. First 5k fans in get a t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Pregame power hour inside the stadium. $1 natty lights up until Cajuns run on the field. Get local sponsors to donate for a 5k t-shirt sponsorship. First 5k fans in get a t-shirt.
    Good idea

Bad idea. It would take more than that to draw folks.

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 319
Size:  989.3 KB

I know this has been mentioned in the past, but I still think it needs discussion.

As of now, there are only a few access points to the Tailgating/Parking area around the stadium. Why not make access to this area limited to those with game tickets? Scan them at points of entry. Attendance would double. It would also increase season ticket sales.

Make the real value of that ticket skyrocket. A ticket to the "Game" means a ticket to the "Ragin Cajun Football Experience". That would include tailgating. You can watch the game in the "Inner Stadium" or in the "Outer Stadium" on some Big Screens.

We could say 40,000 people have come to Cajun Field to watch Louisiana, and it would be a true statement.

What would stop this from happening?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I know this has been mentioned in the past, but I still think it needs discussion.

As of now, there are only a few access points to the Tailgating/Parking area around the stadium. Why not make access to this area limited to those with game tickets? Scan them at points of entry. Attendance would double. It would also increase season ticket sales.

Make the real value of that ticket skyrocket. A ticket to the "Game" means a ticket to the "Ragin Cajun Football Experience". That would include tailgating. You can watch the game in the "Inner Stadium" or in the "Outer Stadium" on some Big Screens.

We could say 40,000 people have come to Cajun Field to watch Louisiana, and it would be a true statement.

I don't think we need any more barriers to tailgating. I feel like in the past, before we raised the prices of tailgaiting considerably, we were like 75% of the way there on getting fans into the stadium. Just needed to figure out how to get folks into the stadium, which was mostly winning. But by the time we started winning, tailgating scene was a lot more sparse and people didn't have as much disposable income. Then COVID.

Now we have a bunch of people conditioned to the perfect atmosphere of staying home and watching it on ESPN+ in the comfort of their home/backyard.

Edit: Updated my post to reflect your update. Not a bad idea, and now I see what you're saying. I'd just worry about it decreasing amount of people that show up.

Now we have a bunch of people conditioned to the perfect atmosphere of staying home and watching it on ESPN+ in the comfort of their home/backyard.
    Exactly. Make them feel at home at the Stadium. It was tossed around before to include tailgating areas inside the Renovated stadium to address this. I don't think that would be prudent or realistic.

Instead of trying to bring the Tailgate experience into the Stadium, why don't we just include the current Tailgate areas as part of the Stadium venue?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Exactly. Make them feel at home at the Stadium. It was tossed around before to include tailgating areas inside the Renovated stadium to address this. I don't think that would be prudent or realistic.

Instead of trying to bring the Tailgate experience into the Stadium, why don't we just include the current Tailgate areas as part of the Stadium venue?
    UL tailgating is beyond underwhelming these days, and limiting it to people who only have tickets would actually reduce attendance. This is probably the worst idea I've ever seen.
    What has to be done is make tailgating open and free. That would draw people back to the complex and eventually into the stadium. At the very least, it would improve pregame atmosphere.

How about $5 flat tickets for Sections M/N/O available on gameday only at two cash-only booths located around the tailgating areas. Would need people checking/enforcing tickets for other sections. But could get people from the tailgates in the game with the convenience of cheap tickets being available to them near where they're tailgating and not having to go wait in line at the usually slow gate ticket lines.

$5 cheap seat cash-only booths located near gold star:

This could entice tailgaters to come into the game and fill up the cheap seats for the ESPN+ cameras. Could also entice people that don't normally tailgate to get to CF early, walk around the tailgate area for cheap seat tickets and mix and mingle.

12. Default Re: Football Attendance Comparison

Initially and only temporarily the in stadium attendance would go down. Long term it would go up, way up.

I see the advantages to Louisiana Football of saying watch the game from your tailgating spot with friends instead of watching the game by yourself at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Initially and only temporarily the in stadium attendance would go down. Long term it would go up, way up.

I see the advantages to Louisiana Football of saying watch the game from your tailgating spot with friends instead of watching the game by yourself at home.
    This would just be a continuation of the current trend of marrying the Tailgating experience with the Game Watching experience. We went from allowing Tailgating for free, to charging for Tailgating, to requiring Season Tickets to purchase Tailgating to now a proposal of making the Game Ticket a ticket to the entire Louisiana Football Experience.

We would be innovators.

Another benefit of this idea is to reduce the need to add seating in the "inner Stadium". Renovation monies could be used for other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstandza View Post
    UL tailgating is beyond underwhelming these days, and limiting it to people who only have tickets would actually reduce attendance. This is probably the worst idea I've ever seen.
    What has to be done is make tailgating open and free. That would draw people back to the complex and eventually into the stadium. At the very least, it would improve pregame atmosphere.
    Areas outside of this new Venue idea would still be available for Tailgating and Parking. Have you been to Baton Rouge? Like a lot of major programs, their Tailgating is spread out over many blocks. We truly have a unique experience here. We should embrace it and capitalize on it.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread Information