Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Attendance Comparison

Default Re: Football Attendance Comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    It was never supposed to be an Elon vs App thing. I brought the game up as I was comparing Apps largest crowds in history vs the cajuns. Their 3rd largest in history happened to be against Elon. It would have been around 8th for the cajuns but the App fans are great. I also compared apples to apples to our largest crowds against in state FCS opponents SU and MSU and it wasn’t close. But all the App lovers came to their defense and keep making excuses for them.
    Wow...you're missing the entire point...which is not surprising...

There were no bowl opportunities available for the Cajuns in many of those 48 years. Playing by the rules App has played by for the last 7 years, for 48 years the Cajuns bowl appearances would have at least tripled.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Wow...you're missing the entire point...which is not surprising...
    I am not missing the point. I was the one to bring up the point. I know exactly the point I am trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Let's talk about how to increase UL attendance. Idc about Elon or App. Post 149 hammered you big boy.
    Remember where you heard this. What post 149 said is that the reason for that sell out is many UNC fans purchased App season tickets to make sure they get into that game. Like I said lets wait until game day and see how much baby blue is in the stands.

that UNC home game for APP, is that a 2 for 1 deal, or is it just a home and home.

thats my biggest disagreement with maggard is the philosophy behind not scheduling a 2 for 1

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    that UNC home game for APP, is that a 2 for 1 deal, or is it just a home and home.

thats my biggest disagreement with maggard is the philosophy behind not scheduling a 2 for 1
    2 for 1

UL's home schedule is not good one and will not draw anyone outside of the core UL supporters. Just imagine a P5 with this schedule, they would not be doing well in attendance either.
    UL's home stadium is outdated and dreary.
    UL's long history in football is considered poor at this point. Recently respected and improved, yes. It has to be maintained and promoted.
    Just talking about it, does nothing to improve it. Wishing doesn't work, and shaming those that don't attend won't either.
    It's entirely up to the UL Administration to cultivate a winning tradition in an environment that fans want to attend against opponents the fans want to see. I don't see why people keep wondering what is up with our attendance, when it's plain to see.

"It's entirely up to the UL Administration to cultivate a winning tradition in an environment that fans want to attend against opponents the fans want to see. I don't see why people keep wondering what is up with our attendance, when it's plain to see."

And this is why UL should adapt the App model(or any other model apart from what we do now)...they get it, UL simply doesn't...

9. Default Re: Football Attendance Comparison

"It's entirely up to the UL Administration to cultivate a winning tradition in an environment that fans want to attend against opponents the fans want to see. I don't see why people keep wondering what is up with our attendance, when it's plain to see."

And this is why UL should adapt the App model(or any other model apart from what we do now)...they get it, UL simply doesn't...
    Give specifics.

Adapt it in what way? Let's be specific because you can't replicate a small town campus environment like Boone that was built upon success for decades. Also from the information that I can find they have over $13M in student fees yearly to supplement the athletic budget. I'm not saying nothing can be done, but your post weren't clear to me.

Also, they are not sitting on their collective axx right now when it comes to season ticket sales. The have been in the middle of their campaign for corporate tickets on social media. If you don't follow it, you are probably unaware of that campaign. I was told they are way ahead of the last few years at this point.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic here, but just trying to get specifics on the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Adapt it in what way? Let's be specific because you can't replicate a small town campus environment like Boone that was built upon success for decades. Also from the information that I can find they have over $13M in student fees yearly to supplement the athletic budget. I'm not saying nothing can be done, but your post weren't clear to me.

Also, they are not sitting on their collective axx right now when it comes to season ticket sales. The have been in the middle of their campaign for corporate tickets on social media. If you don't follow it, you are probably unaware of that campaign. I was told they are way ahead of the last few years at this point.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic hers, but just trying to get specifics on the discussion.
    Agree. I think I read this earlier it is also harder to create that loyalty on a campus that is mostly commuter students vs those that live there and never leave. App is not a good model for UL because it's like comparing apples to oranges the 2 have very few similarities.

I would think So Miss and UL probably have a lot in common as universities?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Agree. I think I read this earlier it is also harder to create that loyalty on a campus that is mostly commuter students vs those that live there and never leave. App is not a good model for UL because it's like comparing apples to oranges the 2 have very few similarities.

I would think So Miss and UL probably have a lot in common as universities?
    They are more alike than you think....

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Pop View Post
    There were no bowl opportunities available for the Cajuns in many of those 48 years. Playing by the rules App has played by for the last 7 years, for 48 years the Cajuns bowl appearances would have at least tripled.
    Agree with this. Up until the sun belt we had 1 bowl opportunity for 3 years in big west. The rest we were independent for the most part with no bowl tie in.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post

I'm not trying to be sarcastic hers, but just trying to get specifics on the discussion.
    I don't know the secret sauce to how they work this season ticket magic. I'm just saying that they're doing something right with what they have to work with. I'm just saying there is no sin in following thier lead and learning how they do it. Didn't take what you posted as sarcasim.

They are more alike than you think....
    If they are more alike than I think then I guess folks can't use the excuse I read about how hard it is to get to and how there is nothing around it. Because if that is the case then little Johnny and Jill aint living at home with mommy like T-boy form all around Acadiana with easy accesses to UL. So which is it I'm starting to get confused here.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information