Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Texas Tech New Football Facilities

Default Texas Tech New Football Facilities

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...b16c3f60b3d174

The second to last paragraph is very interesting....

Default Re: Texas Tech New Football Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...b16c3f60b3d174

The second to last paragraph is very interesting....
    They will still be left behind if a super conference is formed take away the big 12 TV contract and they are only at a $50 mill budget

It doesn't say how much they have raised, if anything. I doubt they will pull a Scott Farmer.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    It doesn't say how much they have raised, if anything. I doubt they will pull a Scott Farmer.
    I guess my point is they will begin construction before money is raised. Not sure what percentage needs to be raised before construction can begin but all indications is UL has raised around 50% of the 70 mill reno. If I'm wrong someone, please fill me in. But if correct is that not enough to begin?

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Say what you want, but we got stuff built with Farmer. May not have been the ideal way. Now, we are in this constant silent fundraising, where no one knows what the F#$% is going on!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    Say what you want, but we got stuff built with Farmer. May not have been the ideal way. Now, we are in this constant silent fundraising, where no one knows what the F#$% is going on!
    We had Silent fund raising with farmer too. That's what got him in the mess he was in.

It’s probably a safe bet they have a few donors in that billionaire range, won’t be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    They will still be left behind if a super conference is formed take away the big 12 TV contract and they are only at a $50 mill budget
    They have no choice but to upgrade their facilities at this point, even if it's for a possible merger with the PAC 12 down the road.

9. Default Re: Texas Tech New Football Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    They have no choice but to upgrade their facilities at this point, even if it's for a possible merger with the PAC 12 down the road.
    Applying that analysis to Louisiana, where does that put us?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think it's more for the fan base. A lot I mean a lot of TT fans are mad about Houston coming into the Big12. Would be like us voting for McNeese to come into the SBC

When does it become our University President’s responsibility and legacy to get Cajun Field done right? He needs to find the money to invest in this project. Louisiana has beautiful academic and research campuses. It’s time for our athletic complex to match the aesthetics of the surrounding university. RCAF is going after big donors, but we must get this done!

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    When does it become our University President’s responsibility and legacy to get Cajun Field done right? He needs to find the money to invest in this project. Louisiana has beautiful academic and research campuses. It’s time for our athletic complex to match the aesthetics of the surrounding university. RCAF is going after big donors, but we must get this done!
    Would it be possible to ask for a round up donation to the next dollar on every concession at Cajun Field towards as we all agree the much needed renovation of Cajun Field?

That money could add up quick. I would do it everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Applying that analysis to Louisiana, where does that put us?
    The Sun Belt Conference. I didn't think that reality was in question?

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Would it be possible to ask for a round up donation to the next dollar on every concession at Cajun Field towards as we all agree the much needed renovation of Cajun Field?

That money could add up quick. I would do it everytime.
    Everything ends in 00, so they would have to change the pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    Not true. I have no idea where they are at, but you know how they say Bo knows. Well BeauCajun knows. In Beau I trust.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information