Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Texas Tech New Football Facilities

1. Default Re: Texas Tech New Football Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Not true. I have no idea where they are at, but you know how they say Bo knows. Well BeauCajun knows. In Beau I trust.
    -----Just wondering with our $220 mill endowment-----if we should use some of it----I know a lot of it goes to schollys, but does anybody know the strategy for the present or future of these funds?

2. UL Football Re: Texas Tech New Football Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    Say what you want, but we got stuff built with Farmer. May not have been the ideal way. Now, we are in this constant silent fundraising, where no one knows what the F#$% is going on!
    I don’t believe T Joe wants the foundation to make a loan to bailout the football stadium like they did for baseball. Farmer wasn’t honest person period. End of discussion when talking to the president of the university. He had to go.

Default Re: Texas Tech New Football Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    It’s probably a safe bet they have a few donors in that billionaire range, won’t be a problem.
    The largest single donation I know of to Texas Tech was to their endowment, not to athletics. Ann Burnett [of 6666 Ranch, Triangle Ranch, AQHA and Burnett Oil] gave $200,000,000 to them about 25-30 years ago. Interestingly enough, Ms. Burnett never attended Texas Tech, but it is the college of choice for many children of 6666 Ranch and Burnett Oil employees. The total endowment for the University is roughly $1.7 Billion [about $1 Billion more than the Evil Empire].

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information