Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OT: The Football Road Trip of Colorado (and Wyoming too!)

This is a GREAT IDEA OT: The Football Road Trip of Colorado (and Wyoming too!)

The other day, I was thinking about how I hadn't been to a football game in 3 years, and I realized that I really miss going to games. So, I came up with a great idea: Over the next few years, I'm going to attend different College Football games across Colorado and Wyoming! I'll start by going to a local High School game this fall, and then venture out from there. This year, I'll probably only be able to go to one game, but next year should be better. Here is a list of the games I will attend:

Adams State Grizzlies (Alamosa, CO)
    Colorado Buffaloes (Boulder, CO)
    Colorado Mesa Mavericks (Grand Junction, CO)
    Colorado Mines Orediggers (Golden, CO)
    Colorado State Rams (Fort Collins, CO)
    CSU-Pueblo ThunderWolves (Pueblo, CO)
    Fort Lewis Skyhawks (Durango, CO)
    Northern Colorado Bears (Greeley, CO)
    My High School (Steamboat Springs, CO)
    Western Colorado Mountaineers (Gunnison, CO)
    Wyoming Cowboys (Laramie, WY)

P.S. I am not a fan of any of these teams, I'm mainly doing this so I can explore different towns, and attend football games, since I haven't done that in years.

P.P.S I will also document my experience at each game and I may make a bonus podcast about the road trip when it is completed.

Default Re: OT: The Football Road Trip of Colorado (and Wyoming too!)

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    The other day, I was thinking about how I hadn't been to a football game in 3 years, and I realized that I really miss going to games. So, I came up with a great idea: Over the next few years, I'm going to attend different College Football games across Colorado and Wyoming! I'll start by going to a local High School game this fall, and then venture out from there. This year, I'll probably only be able to go to one game, but next year should be better. Here is a list of the games I will attend:

P.S. I am not a fan of any of these teams, I'm mainly doing this so I can explore different towns, and attend football games, since I haven't done that in years.

P.P.S I will also document my experience at each game and I may make a bonus podcast about the road trip when it is completed.
    My old boss lives in Fort Collins and works in Cheyenne. He loves going to CSU games always talked highly of the stadium....Wyoming not so much

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    My old boss lives in Fort Collins and works in Cheyenne. He loves going to CSU games always talked highly of the stadium....Wyoming not so much
    That's cool! I've been to Ft. Collins a few times, and for a city, it is actually pretty nice. I would also agree that Laramie isn't great, but it is the closest college town from where I live, so I decided to add it to the list.

I think that is a great idea, especially documenting each game and sharing the info.

I am a little intrigued by the Colorado Mines Orediggers (Golden, CO); were they at one time the GoldDiggers? It is a great fit. I know there are a lot of them throughout the world!

Make sure you stop in the shops that are only in Colorado and get plenty of gummies for your trips.

When you make it to Colorado School of the Mines look for number 65 Cole Johnson. Son of former Ragin Cajuns OC Jay Johnson. Also look get a program and look at the roster you will have never seen more engineering majors on one team.

https://minesathletics.com/sports/fo...-johnson/12225

7. Default Re: OT: The Football Road Trip of Colorado (and Wyoming too!)

I was intrigued by Adams State, they for a short time, were coached by former NFL QB (and briefly with the Saints, before he got injured fishing and was released, true story) Timm Rosenbach.

8. Default Re: OT: The Football Road Trip of Colorado (and Wyoming too!)

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Same. I’ve been to boulder, FoCo and Laramie for games (Wyo vs Nebraska - it was pretty kickass)

Boulder was by far the worst of the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Pop View Post
    When you make it to Colorado School of the Mines look for number 65 Cole Johnson. Son of former Ragin Cajuns OC Jay Johnson. Also look get a program and look at the roster you will have never seen more engineering majors on one team.

https://minesathletics.com/sports/fo...-johnson/12225
    Oh wow that is really cool! Holy cow, you were not joking about the amount of engineering majors!!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Same. I’ve been to boulder, FoCo and Laramie for games (Wyo vs Nebraska - it was pretty kickass)

Boulder was by far the worst of the 3.
    I have been to Boulder and it sucks, but the CU Football facilities are very nice. That was also where I got to touch a Heisman Trophy which was dope!

I have been to Boulder and it sucks, but the CU Football facilities are very nice. That was also where I got to touch a Heisman Trophy which was dope!
    Who’s? Eric “sleeping with” Bienemy?

Boulder sucks? Yikes, you must live in Heaven.

13. Default Re: OT: The Football Road Trip of Colorado (and Wyoming too!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstandza View Post
    Boulder sucks? Yikes, you must live in Heaven.
    Boulder does suck.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Boulder does suck.
    You are correct!

15. Default Re: OT: The Football Road Trip of Colorado (and Wyoming too!)

Compared to lots of other areas in the country, Boulder is a beautiful place. But compared to Fort Collins, CC, Telluride & Buena Vista areas, it really isn’t that great. Doesn’t help that half the population is bat schït nuts. I used to go to the Fox Theatre once a month to catch shows. The first time, it was great. Every time after, I found more and more not to like about the place and eventually stopped going.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information