Thread: Sun Belt Crossover Games

Default Sun Belt Crossover Games

The Sun Belt is not going to schedule cross division games the way a lot of other leagues do.

For instance, when you do crossover in the SEC, you play that team two years in a row, once at home and once on the road.

Most have assumed that in 2023, we'll play Marshall at home and at Georgia Southern. But that is not the case.

We'll be playing two teams we didn't play this year...one at home and one on the road. And repeat until we've played everyone, then start a second cycle rotating the home field.

That means Marshall will visit Lafayette in 2025 or 2026.

If we did it the SEC way, it's possible we would't play App State again until 2028. I think the Sun Belt is doing it the right way.

2. Default Re: Sun Belt Crossover Games

Didn’t know about this until now, but I like this idea. Another good decision by mr. gill

Default Re: Sun Belt Crossover Games

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    The Sun Belt is not going to schedule cross division games the way a lot of other leagues do.

For instance, when you do crossover in the SEC, you play that team two years in a row, once at home and once on the road.

Most have assumed that in 2023, we'll play Marshall at home and at Georgia Southern. But that is not the case.

We'll be playing two teams we didn't play this year...one at home and one on the road. And repeat until we've played everyone, then start a second cycle rotating the home field.

That means Marshall will visit Lafayette in 2025 or 2026.

If we did it the SEC way, it's possible we would't play App State again until 2028. I think the Sun Belt is doing it the right way.
    When is that Coastal re match?

Thread Information