Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Cajundome Roof: Wow

Default Re: Not much we can do about it

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I have an idea! Maybe Dr. Maggard can take a page out of Gerald Hebert's old playbook and ask any Cajun fan with a pressure washer to show up at the Cajundome one Saturday morning and have the fans pressure wash the dome's roof like was done at Cajun Field in days past!!!! LOL!!!!

P.S. No drinking beer until after the job is done and everyone is off the roof! LMAO!!!
    and rope, don't forget the rope....

Default Re: Cajundome Roof: Not much we can do about it

According to the marketing director for the CD, they are just waiting on a start date

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Not to take away from all the work that Gerald did in that project, but it was NOT his idea. The folks on the forerunner to this board came up with the idea, and had it largely ready to go before Gerald got involved.
    Stop telling everyone how old you are! LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Helmut, you were very informative during the 2016 floods. Do you think the drainage projects completed/pending by LCG will make a difference for a storm that dumps the same amount of rain in the same amount of time?
    UL worked with LCG to study the 2 retention ponds. UL more or less determined they would not help reduce flooding.

https://thecurrentla.com/wp-content/...tion-Ponds.pdf

You have to be careful when looking at the studies. First, a model is constantly being modified and updated. The UL study was only one of the many "studies" done and from what I understand, not the only study used in determining what to do and where. First of all any study that is performed and used by a local government must be performed by a licensed engineer in practice. The UL study was done by a school which may or may not be done by a licensed engineer. I would not trust any opinion of any news media outlet relative to drainage because, to be honest, they don't know their butt from a whole in the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstandza View Post
    I already do. My ____ing taxes
    But do you?

Honest question....Does the Cajundome get a cash infusion from UL or the State? Or are the majority of its revenues generated by events hosted by the Cajundome?

In this year's LCG budget, the Cajundome did get $600,000: $500,000 from the CITY of Lafayette's general fund and $100,000 from the CITY of Lafayette's capital fund.

And if the State doesn't contribute to the general O&M of the Cajundome, and the University doesn't contribute to the general O&M (and this distinguishes between revenues UL gets from the state as opposed to student tuitions and fees); and,

If you don't live in the CITY of Lafayette, your tax dollars don't go to the Cajundome.

Again, this is with the caveat that I don't know what role the State may play in providing funding to the Cajundome.

Don't build ____ that you can't maintain properly. Period.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Exactly
    It sounds like the warranty should have maintained it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    But do you?

Honest question....Does the Cajundome get a cash infusion from UL or the State? Or are the majority of its revenues generated by events hosted by the Cajundome?

In this year's LCG budget, the Cajundome did get $600,000: $500,000 from the CITY of Lafayette's general fund and $100,000 from the CITY of Lafayette's capital fund.

And if the State doesn't contribute to the general O&M of the Cajundome, and the University doesn't contribute to the general O&M (and this distinguishes between revenues UL gets from the state as opposed to student tuitions and fees); and,

If you don't live in the CITY of Lafayette, your tax dollars don't go to the Cajundome.

Again, this is with the caveat that I don't know what role the State may play in providing funding to the Cajundome.
    Net position at end of their last FY (Nov 2020 to Oct 2021) was $6.8 million. Revenue includes a $7.1 million federal grant, $3.6 in the local hotel tax, $250k from the state, $600k from LCG.

The roof should be a priority for that net of $6.8 million.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    According to the marketing director for the CD, they are just waiting on a start date
    Interesting. Do you have more details? What is going to be done….just cleaning? How much will it cost, who’s paying, and was any of this covered by the 10-year warranty? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Interesting. Do you have more details? What is going to be done….just cleaning? How much will it cost, who’s paying, and was any of this covered by the 10-year warranty? Thanks
    I got an email out. Like I said earlier n the thread, I pass by the CD at least 4 times a day. I get mad every single time I see it

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Net position at end of their last FY (Nov 2020 to Oct 2021) was $6.8 million. Revenue includes a $7.1 million federal grant, $3.6 in the local hotel tax, $250k from the state, $600k from LCG.

The roof should be a priority for that net of $6.8 million.
    Looks like the $7.1 million grant was for COVID relief; it could have been used for maintenance but I think they concentrated on using it to pay staff and more generalized maintenance. This isn't gonna happen again. Presumably it replace lost revenue generated by events.

The hotel tax is only paid by those who stay in hotels; its not incurred by Jeaux Lafayette Citizen.

That leaves 250k from the State (a nominal amount) and 600k from the CITY (the folks in the Parish do not contribute to this).

Should the Cajundome put money away for a larger ongoing maintenance issue like this? Absolutely. But (as has been pointed out), we do a bad job of considering maintenance once we've built something (Moncus Park, anybody?).

My point was just that I don't think there is this huge bucket of public tax dollars available to the Cajundome administrators to run and maintain the facility.

Looks like the $7.1 million grant was for COVID relief; it could have been used for maintenance but I think they concentrated on using it to pay staff and more generalized maintenance. This isn't gonna happen again. Presumably it replace lost revenue generated by events.

The hotel tax is only paid by those who stay in hotels; its not incurred by Jeaux Lafayette Citizen.

That leaves 250k from the State (a nominal amount) and 600k from the CITY (the folks in the Parish do not contribute to this).

Should the Cajundome put money away for a larger ongoing maintenance issue like this? Absolutely. But (as has been pointed out), we do a bad job of considering maintenance once we've built something (Moncus Park, anybody?).

My point was just that I don't think there is this huge bucket of public tax dollars available to the Cajundome administrators to run and maintain the facility.
    How about booking more than 1 concert every 6 months? And can we get anything other than country and rap? ____, they know how to book ____ty bands.

How about booking more than 1 concert every 6 months? And can we get anything other than country and rap? ____, they know how to book ____ty bands.
    Don't _____ at me about it; call the Cajundome. I got nothing to do with the Cajundome.

Again, my point was about the availability of public dollars.

Don't _____ at me about it; call the Cajundome. I got nothing to do with the Cajundome.

Again, my point was about the availability of public dollars.
    Sorry, didn't mean to _____ at you specifically.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information