Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 192

Thread: Cajundome Roof: Wow

  1. #46

    Default Re: Not much we can do about it

    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Exactly my point. Nobody cleans their roof. It's a waist of time and effort.
    So, let's just let it look like ____? That screams big time.

  2. #47

    Default Re: Not much we can do about it

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantstandza View Post
    So, let's just let it look like ____? That screams big time.
    Well then write a check.

  3. #48

    Default Re: Not much we can do about it

    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Well then write a check.
    I already do. My ____ing taxes

  4. #49
    LouisianaB is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: Not much we can do about it

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantstandza View Post
    I already do. My ____ing taxes
    This.

    Plus the fact that it has a warranty. Does the company not exist anymore? Why hasn’t the CD called in the warranty

  5. #50

    Default Re: Not much we can do about it

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantstandza View Post
    I already do. My ____ing taxes
    Pooyie don’t hurt em hamma!

  6. #51

    Default Re: Not much we can do about it

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantstandza View Post
    I already do. My ____ing taxes
    So do I but I would prefer that they go to repairing roads and improving drainage then cleaning a roof. I don't think people that have homes that are in danger of flooding would care about cleaning the cajun dome roof. It's all about priorities. Clean a roof or keep a house from flooding .......clean a roof or repair my roads ........ clean a roof or maintain a fire/police department. That was the whole point in my original post, it's a losing battle. We live in south Louisiana every single roof on every single building has this problem. The cajun dome is no exception. THE ROOF IS GOING TO TURN BLACK.

  7. #52

    Default Re: Not much we can do about it

    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Well then write a check.
    Yikes.

  8. #53

    Default Re: Not much we can do about it

    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Clean a roof or keep a house from flooding ........
    Helmut, you were very informative during the 2016 floods. Do you think the drainage projects completed/pending by LCG will make a difference for a storm that dumps the same amount of rain in the same amount of time?

  9. #54

    Default Re: Not much we can do about it

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Helmut, you were very informative during the 2016 floods. Do you think the drainage projects completed/pending by LCG will make a difference for a storm that dumps the same amount of rain in the same amount of time?
    "same amount of rain in the same amount of time" No way Jose'!

  10. #55
    Duggie35's Avatar Duggie35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: Not much we can do about it

    I have an idea! Maybe Dr. Maggard can take a page out of Gerald Hebert's old playbook and ask any Cajun fan with a pressure washer to show up at the Cajundome one Saturday morning and have the fans pressure wash the dome's roof like was done at Cajun Field in days past!!!! LOL!!!!

    P.S. No drinking beer until after the job is done and everyone is off the roof! LMAO!!!


  11. #56

    Default Re: Not much we can do about it

    Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I have an idea! Maybe Dr. Maggard can take a page out of Gerald Hebert's old playbook and ask any Cajun fan with a pressure washer to show up at the Cajundome one Saturday morning and have the fans pressure wash the dome's roof like was done at Cajun Field in days past!!!! LOL!!!!

    P.S. No drinking beer until after the job is done and everyone is off the roof! LMAO!!!
    Not to take away from all the work that Gerald did in that project, but it was NOT his idea. The folks on the forerunner to this board came up with the idea, and had it largely ready to go before Gerald got involved.

  12. #57

    Default Re: Not much we can do about it

    The Cajundome roof does not look great, but money is not there. The money it would take to clean it doesn't make sense when we have so many other needs.

    ~~~~~~

    On an unrelated topic, can the name of threads be related to the subject of the thread? Why not call this "Cajundome Roof"?

    In an attempt to make the subject line fit the content:
    If Turbine does not edit thread titles to be relative, "Not much we can do about it".


  13. #58
    LouisianaB is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: Cajundome Roof: Not much we can do about it

    There are some important questions that need to be asked:

    1. Why isn’t this a “self-cleaning” roof like Greg Davis bragged?

    2. Why hasn’t the CD called in the “20-year clean warranty?”

    3. The rubber coating on the roof protects for 10 years. Why did it only protect for 5-6 years?

    Who lied, Greg Davis or the contractor? The roof is an embarrassment to the city and university.


  14. #59

    Default Re: Not much we can do about it

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    The Cajundome roof does not look great, but money is not there. The money it would take to clean it doesn't make sense when we have so many other needs.

    ~~~~~~

    On an unrelated topic, can the name of threads be related to the subject of the thread? Why not call this "Cajundome Roof"?

    In an attempt to make the subject line fit the content:
    If Turbine does not edit thread titles to be relative, "Not much we can do about it".
    Roof, Cajun Field, Baseball offices/locker room/ batting cages. Gotta pay to play.

  15. #60

    Default Re: Not much we can do about it

    Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Roof, Cajun Field, Baseball offices/locker room/ batting cages. Gotta pay to play.
    Don't build ____ that you can't maintain properly. Period.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ROOF Color of Indoor Practice Facility
    By Turbine in forum Polls N Rankings
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: August 2nd, 2022, 07:16 pm
  2. A radical roof look for the Cajun Dome
    By Turbine in forum Across Louisiana
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 31st, 2003, 12:09 pm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •