Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Cajundome Roof: Wow

Default Re: Cajundome Roof: Wow

Recycle the grime! Maybe RCAF can make and sell little bottles of the upper deck grime with a pebbles of crushed concrete and sell as 'old' Cajun Field memorabilia. We can proudly hang 'old' Cajun Field grime bottles on our rear view mirror or tailgate tents. I'm being factitious, however there will be some nostalgia about the upper deck in some corners after it comes down.

2. Default Re: Cajundome Roof: Wow

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Perhaps they should have kept the drone to clean the stands in Cajun Field. All you can see is the upper deck beneath the press box from the road but it's absolutely filthy. I'm sure the entire stadium is like that with the exception of the chairbacks. Not a good look at all.
    Unfortunately I doubt they can. I work in this industry (Kind of), what was used on the Cajun Dome roof, I assume was a coating (probably either a polyurethane or silicone coating for roofs, specifically, it is best on flat and or solid surfaces.) This is not an option for CF stands. The best option is for a concrete cleaner, but can not be put on the same way as the CD roof, it needs to be manually applied because you don't want this all over the seats in CF.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Having been around for the Ragin Cajun Club in the 80’s, where they launched a seat premium coming off a losing season, and the only deliverable done was the seating added in the corners of CF, then the slow demise of the RCC, I’ve become jaded with the last year or so of RCAF. The misfire on the start of CF put me in the “I’ll believe it when I see it” state of mind. RCAF sustainably really came into question for me with lack of growth and moving out of the athletic complex. Exactly why many here want autonomy for RCAF.
    Bro you can start believing because Cajun Field will be ready by the 2024 season.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Having been around for the Ragin Cajun Club in the 80’s, where they launched a seat premium coming off a losing season, and the only deliverable done was the seating added in the corners of CF, then the slow demise of the RCC, I’ve become jaded with the last year or so of RCAF. The misfire on the start of CF put me in the “I’ll believe it when I see it” state of mind. RCAF sustainably really came into question for me with lack of growth and moving out of the athletic complex. Exactly why many here want autonomy for RCAF.
    Part of the reason for moving the RCAF offices is they had empty space at the athletic complex and they needed to find room for women's basketball because of the renovations to EKL. The plan is to move WBKB to the Cajundome but those offices are not yet ready to go.

Now, as they add more personnel to RCAF (read: fundraisers), they may outgrow where they are.

5. Default Re: Cajundome Roof: Wow

Fundraisers can pay for themselves and can work out of their homes since they. are going where the money is.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Perhaps they should have kept the drone to clean the stands in Cajun Field. All you can see is the upper deck beneath the press box from the road but it's absolutely filthy. I'm sure the entire stadium is like that with the exception of the chairbacks. Not a good look at all.
    The only money they need to spend on that upper deck is on knocking it the f down.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    The only money they need to spend on that upper deck is on knocking it the f down.
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Got my vote.

So nobody knows what secret chemical they used to clean the Cajundome? Come on people, this is South Louisiana. I'm prolly not the only one besides the Cajun Dome that could use some of that stuff. Someone in this place has the scoop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    So nobody knows what secret chemical they used to clean the Cajundome? Come on people, this is South Louisiana. I'm prolly not the only one besides the Cajun Dome that could use some of that stuff. Someone in this place has the scoop.
    Mildew remover. LOL

A mixture of bleach, water, and the magical ingredient is a surfactant additive. Use google to find the proper ratios and the different brands of surfactant. That additive causes the bleach/water mixture to stick to the roof longer in order to kill the mold/mildew instead of immediately runoff your roof.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Bro you can start believing because Cajun Field will be ready by the 2024 season.
    That would be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    A mixture of bleach, water, and the magical ingredient is a surfactant additive. Use google to find the proper ratios and the different brands of surfactant. That additive causes the bleach/water mixture to stick to the roof longer in order to kill the mold/mildew instead of immediately runoff your roof.
    Dawn is a great surfactant.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Mildew remover. LOL
    I ain't buying that. The surfactant sounds plausible, but I've wasted too much money on that snake oil.

I ain't buying that. The surfactant sounds plausible, but I've wasted too much money on that snake oil.
    I was joking.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information