Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Defining Season!

Default Re: Defining Season!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Pop View Post
    The only thing that has me concerned is that word from within is that Des isn’t the disciplinarian that Napier was and runs a much loser ship. I just hope that doesn’t come back to bite him.
    I hope you meant "looser".

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Correct he is the recruiting coordinator. By that he keeps the board up dated and keeps people going in the right direction working together. Des was that guy sitting in living rooms talking to momma and the young man. He was Billy's right hand man on the road.
    Right on both counts!

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I had reservations when the hire was first made. But everything mike has done since hired has been A+ in my book. Recruiting appears to have not missed a beat. Now lets see how his off season and fall camp preparation brings the team into the season. Personally and this is just a hunch, I think in game management and play calling will improve.
    Napier was to predictable based off a limited qb. Mike should have things opening up.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Napier was to predictable based off a limited qb. Mike should have things opening up.
    Right. But also keep in mind in four years napier never started a QB that he recruited. Should we read anything into that? Does that mean he didn’t recruit a better QB than the last guy?

I’ve always understood Leger is known as one of the best Louisiana recruiters. Not sure where I heard that or if true. I’m sure T could expound

Right. But also keep in mind in four years napier never started a QB that he recruited. Should we read anything into that? Does that mean he didn’t recruit a better QB than the last guy?
    Some of you RPCA guys are just unbelievable....

7. Default Re: Defining Season!

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Some of you RPCA guys are just unbelievable....
    I find that to be a very valid question. A coach is here for 4 years and none of his recruited QBs is ever able to beat out the QB that was recruited by the previous staff. Did he recruit better talent at that position than the guy before him? I don’t understand why you would have a problem with that question?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    I find that to be a very valid question. A coach is here for 4 years and none of his recruited QBs is ever able to beat out the QB that was recruited by the previous staff. Did he recruit better talent at that position than the guy before him? I don’t understand why you would have a problem with that question?
    I think he just likes throwing that term around

W

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    I’ve always understood Leger is known as one of the best Louisiana recruiters. Not sure where I heard that or if true. I’m sure T could expound
    I hear Munoz is pretty good too. We are in good hands recruiting wise. IMO

10. Default Re: Defining Season!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Think I remember the money went towards the Covid deficit.

CBN recommending CMD played well locally; while most were busy celebrating, CBN cleaned our pantry out.

Now CMD has to prove himself. Of course, some will give him the home town discount of the aforementioned pantry cleaning if things don't work out well. The window is narrow for Des, a few blah years and he will become a USL hire.

Hoping for the best.
    I’m pretty sure Billy would have taken what he took regardless of who our new coach was except maybe Urban Meyer. Poor CMD took over at the worst possible moment with NIL and transfer portal going active at his crowning moment. If he can maintain it would be a tremendous upset in the face of all the headwinds he had thrown at UL.

11. Default Re: Defining Season!

Many here definitely should not read anything into that as for three years they were whining and complaining about Napier playing Levi instead of various QB's recruited by Napier that were on the bench. Here they are and we should be just fine based upon those mounds of evaluations over the past three years.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    I don't keep up with it like I use to but according to a few that worked within the staff, Des is very good in state with his connections with the high school coaches. Burris, Morgan and Munoz have done well in Texas. Leger has done well in the past, so recruiting should not be a major concern as long as the program continues to win.

13. Default Re: Defining Season!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I don't keep up with it like I use to but according to a few that worked within the staff, Des is very good in state with his connections with the high school coaches. Burris, Morgan and Munoz have done well in Texas. Leger has done well in the past, so recruiting should not be a major concern as long as the program continues to win.
    …..lost big losing Juluke mostly in NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …..lost big losing Juluke mostly in NO!
    Juluke would sell his soul to the Devil.

15. Default Re: Defining Season!

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Juluke would sell his soul to the Devil.
    I don’t think the Devil pays . . .

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information