Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Getting in touch with RCAF

Default Re: Getting in touch with RCAF

I'll say this till I'm proven wrong, but RCAF has completely forgotten those on the lower end of the donation scale. How many more members would there be if the lower tiers of membership had been promoted instead of creating the culture of RCAF being for the big money doners only. Don't like the idea of free for recent grads, get them to put some skin in the game too.maybe $25 a month? Free is just that, free. In todays marketing world, there is no advantage to something being free. Once it stops being free, for most, it stops.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I'll say this till I'm proven wrong, but RCAF has completely forgotten those on the lower end of the donation scale. How many more members would there be if the lower tiers of membership had been promoted instead of creating the culture of RCAF being for the big money doners only. Don't like the idea of free for recent grads, get them to put some sking in the game too.maybe $25 a month? Free is just that, free. In todays marketing world, there is not advantage to something being free. Once it stops being free, for most, it stops.
    I completely agree. All they seem to be worried bout are the big boys. Same thing for Cajun Field renovations, it appears they are only asking for really big pledges. Maybe we would be closer to reaching goal if intermediate to smaller commitments were sought after. Maybe even a public campaign so more fans have skin in the game if feasible.

I'll say this till I'm proven wrong, but RCAF has completely forgotten those on the lower end of the donation scale. How many more members would there be if the lower tiers of membership had been promoted instead of creating the culture of RCAF being for the big money doners only. Don't like the idea of free for recent grads, get them to put some skin in the game too.maybe $25 a month? Free is just that, free. In todays marketing world, there is no advantage to something being free. Once it stops being free, for most, it stops.
    $25 a month.? Hell they can get in for $50 a year! I would be good with 10,000 more folks giving $50 per year.

4. Default Re: Getting in touch with RCAF

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    $25 a month. He'll they can get in for $50 a year. I would be good with 10,000 more folks giving $50 per year.
    That's doable and you are spot on.

Just to drive the point home of the foolishness of ignoring the bottom dollars: A mere 2,000 more members at only $25 a year would have generated a half million dollars over the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    $25 a month.? Hell they can get in for $50 a year! I would be good with 10,000 more folks giving $50 per year.
    Just wrote it off the cuff, but you get the point.

Just wrote it off the cuff, but you get the point.
    Yep need more lower tier contributions.

Yes, RCAF needs to do a more organized, transparent and public fund raising campaign for Cajun Field similar to the new Our Lady of Wisdom Church campaign. You can tell what the church will be and how much needs to be raised.

I believe Cajun Nation would come together and make it happen, but the silence is deafening. It’s selling a dream of our new stadium to fans, student athletes, and conference mates.

https://www.ourladyofwisdom.org/our-new-home

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Yes, RCAF needs to do a more organized, transparent and public fund raising campaign for Cajun Field similar to the new Our Lady of Wisdom Church campaign. You can tell what the church will be and how much needs to be raised.

I believe Cajun Nation would come together and make it happen, but the silence is deafening. It’s selling a dream of our new stadium to fans, student athletes, and conference mates.

Spot on. This is an great example of having a plan and showing the progress towards making it happen. I didn't know anything about this particular project but just donated strictly off of how impressed I was with the vision.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post

Fr. Sibley had a vision 10 years ago. Started raising money about 6-7 years ago and put it out there the land deal was close, but the Bishop dragged his feet…

10. Default Re: Getting in touch with RCAF

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Pop View Post
    Q

Just curious? You’ve been on RP since 2004. I’m assuming you have been a fan at least that long if not longer. WTF took you so long to decide to join the RCAF?
    To answer your question of WTF? My wife passed from Covid last August and my membership expired during that time it's difficult to email call get no response I was asking a general question I want to see the program get through this realignment like everyone who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by ron vorpe View Post
    To answer your question of WTF? My wife passed from Covid last August and my membership expired during that time it's difficult to email call get no response I was asking a general question I want to see the program get through this realignment like everyone who cares.
    You don’t owe an explanation to anyone

12. Default Re: Getting in touch with RCAF

So sorry for your loss.

Not sure what all the fuss is about. I recently had a situation where I went to renew for 2022-23 and I was renewed for the full amount all at once instead of monthly payments like I typically have setup. I called the RCAF on 5/6/22 to address this issue, of course I got a voicemail. My call was promptly returned on 5/26/22.

Sarcasm aside, I ended up disputing the charge with my CC company after a week of not being able to get in touch.

Anyone know why it's so difficult to get in touch with the RCAF? I want to join.do they not want contributions?
    Hahaha man it is impossible to get in touch with them. I gave up on them.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    Hahaha man it is impossible to get in touch with them. I gave up on them.
    Hey, why don't yall give me your money because I don't seem to have a problem getting them to take mine.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information