Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Saints football

Default Saints football

I found myself late at night Jonesing for some football. So I rewatched a couple of Saints games from last season & came up with a few conclusions about the upcoming season.

1) Jameis Winston might not be as incredibly accurate as Drew Brees was & he still has a ways to go to become the field general Brees was. But man that guy can throw a beautiful deep ball as good as anyone anywhere ever has. And he HAD great mobility when he'd use it. He was also very smart about the way he took care of the football. I think he can lead the Saints as far as they can go as a team.

2) IF Kenny Stills, or Tre Quan Smith either one have a Saints uniform on when this season starts, then we might be in a lot of trouble.

3) IF Alvin Kamara gets tossed in the clink, or has to serve serious suspension time, then the organization & it's fans are going to regret drafting a guy named Alonte Taylor. The Saints could have had their pick of guys like James Cook, Bryan Robinson, Dameon Pierce, or Pierre Strong. This is the one position that can & will kill us in the playoffs, or the Super Bowl. Let us hope that Abram Smith can come in & help carry the load as a free agent rookie. His development could mean the difference between a Lomardi Award & possibly sitting home, or being sent home during the playoffs.

4) Blake Gillikin may be the best punter in the NFL already. This guy was deadly landing punts inside the 5 yard line this season & one can only hope to see hi become an even better more proficient weapon as his career continues. And may it be a long one in black & gold.

5) Pete Werner is way better than either AJ Kline, or Anzalone ever showed on the field. This kid has speed, instincts, football IQ & fearless. All the ingredients necessary to survive in the NFL. He wants to be a student of the game & could not have a better teacher than Demario Davis. He was a great compliment to Davis & I would love to see him continue to elevate his game to possible pro bowl status.

6) The Saints have the best bookend corners in all of football. Paulson Adebo has it. He is another guy who is fearless & plays his position with wreckless abandon. Marshawn Lattimore earned his keep last season & with a year of play under his belt, Adebo has proven he won't be the easy way out for NFL QBs looking to go away from having to deal with Lattimore.

7) This season defensively revolves around how this new set of safeties comes in & performs within this defense. I also wonder how the team will react to having Allen as Head coach & no longer able to devote all his time just to the defense. I have felt all along, even & especially when Allen was getting criticized for defensive shortcomings that he was as good & maybe better than just about any other defensive coordinator in the NFL. Last season he proved it in spades. The question is, can he do it from a head coaching perspective the way Sean did on offense?

I have looked at the Saints schedule & making the assumption that Michael Thomas is able to make a 100% return, I think this team should be able to go 12-5, or 13-4 & win the NFC South. The question is will they hold together without injury during the Playoffs? L.A. & San Fransisco look to be the biggest challenges to the Saints winning the NFC title. But I also look for a team like Detroit, or Philadelphia, or maybe the Giants, or Washington to come out of no where & surprise the sports world.

Default Re: On this beautiful 4th of July weekend:

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post

3) IF Alvin Kamara gets tossed in the clink, or has to serve serious suspension time, then the organization & it's fans are going to regret drafting a guy named Alonte Taylor. The Saints could have had their pick of guys like James Cook, Bryan Robinson, Dameon Pierce, or Pierre Strong. This is the one position that can & will kill us in the playoffs, or the Super Bowl. Let us hope that Abram Smith can come in & help carry the load as a free agent rookie. His development could mean the difference between a Lomardi Award & possibly sitting home, or being sent home during the playoffs.

6) The Saints have the best bookend corners in all of football. Paulson Adebo has it. He is another guy who is fearless & plays his position with wreckless abandon. Marshawn Lattimore earned his keep last season & with a year of play under his belt, Adebo has proven he won't be the easy way out for NFL QBs looking to go away from having to deal with Lattimore.

While I agree the saints need more RB depth, I am ok with the alontae taylor pick.

Also you do realize that alontae has already been working with the 1s ahead of adebo, and with reps he should only get better. He may start opposite of Lattimore week 1

Is Ragas with the saints?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Is Ragas with the saints?
    From as far as I know, no. He did join the minicamp as a tryout player, but I don't think he made the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    While I agree the saints need more RB depth, I am ok with the alontae taylor pick.

Also you do realize that alontae has already been working with the 1s ahead of adebo, and with reps he should only get better. He may start opposite of Lattimore week 1
    kareem hunt won't be with Cleveland for much longer could get him from a 5th

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post

Source? check that. It doesn't matter. There are sources that will say anything & everything good about a player to get in his good graces just in case. The bottom line is it doesn't matter how good this Taylor guy is supposed to be & I hope he's the next Darrell Green. The saints are guaranteed to have their only star running back out for at least 6 weeks IF he doesn't end up doing a year in jail. I told y'all months ago that Vegas don't play the he's an athlete he gets special treatment game. The history of Vegas is you do the crime. You do the time. Considering that guy was over 1/3 of our total offense, it wasn't very bright to just leave that position open for street tryouts. That's just me blabbing though.

Speaking of NFL, Baker Mayfield just got traded to the Panthers for a 2024 5th-round pick. Browns better hope Watson gets to play this year, cause they could end up with Jacoby Brissett as their starter for the whole year, and needless to say that would not be good!

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Speaking of NFL, Baker Mayfield just got traded to the Panthers for a 2024 5th-round pick. Browns better hope Watson gets to play this year, cause they could end up with Jacoby Brissett as their starter for the whole year, and needless to say that would not be good!
    That is exactly what they were preparing for. Watsons first year of his contract isn’t very much as the browns expected him to be suspended for the year

I heard on a radio station in Houston that Watson's contract with Cleveland was ridiculous. It is almost like Watson's attorney wrote it with no one from Cleveland having any input. I think they said his contract is 100% guaranteed, regardless of what happens with his legal issues! If that is correct, there is no hope for the Cleveland Browns! What kind of management within an organization would do that, knowing that his legal issues were still not yet settled.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I heard on a radio station in Houston that Watson's contract with Cleveland was ridiculous. It is almost like Watson's attorney wrote it with no one from Cleveland having any input. I think they said his contract is 100% guaranteed, regardless of what happens with his legal issues! If that is correct, there is no hope for the Cleveland Browns! What kind of management within an organization would do that, knowing that his legal issues were still not yet settled.
    Once again his salary next year is only 1 million. They prepared for a season long suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    So glad Watson “picked” the Browns over the saints. What a _____ show that would have been financially. With the saints luck, Goodell may have given Watson a lifetime ban

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Once again his salary next year is only 1 million. They prepared for a season long suspension.
    I think his point is that the contract is fully guaranteed. It doesn't really matter what his first year salary is, outside of bookkeeping for the Browns, as he gets it all no matter if he's suspended or not.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I think his point is that the contract is fully guaranteed. It doesn't really matter what his first year salary is, outside of bookkeeping for the Browns, as he gets it all no matter if he's suspended or not.
    Exactly. If he never plays again he gets paid the entire amount of the contract!

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    So glad Watson “picked” the Browns over the saints. What a _____ show that would have been financially. With the saints luck, Goodell may have given Watson a lifetime ban
    Some times it's the deal you don't make that saves your franchise. This deal will be disastrous for the Browns & would have been disastrous for the Saints.

15. Default Re: On this beautiful 4th of July weekend:

So many questions here but not the least of which is why is this posted on the RagePage forum. This is supposed to be about UL sports or UL information. This has nothing, zero to do with UL. If anything this should have been moved to the Saints Yard or even possibly the Just Ragin section of this site.

I could go down and pick apart the parts that don't make any sense on this but it is not worth it, while BWK has some really good points, he also has some that leave you scratching your head.

I will just pick apart #2.Kenny Stills is not a member of the Saints roster and has not been since the end of 2021. Kenny Stills if he were to sign with the Saints would be an issue, but he is not signing with the Saints because the Saints have moved on from Kenny Stills, the only reason Kenny Stills was brought back in the 2021 season is because of the decimated WR corp the Saints had last year. The WR's that are almost all but gauranteed a roster spot with the Saints are Marquez Calloway, Jarvis Landry, Chris Olave, Michael Thomas and Deonte Harty (formally Deonte Harris). That being said, the other guys on the roster ahead of Kenny Stills are all of them, because they are under contract and Kenny Stills is sitting at home hoping his agent can get him a J.O.B. But the Saints are high on a number of young players that could make the roster or the practice squad those include, Kirk Merritt, Kawaan Baker and Easop Winston. TreQuan Smith is going to have to earn his spot because the Saints WR corp is good and deep at the top. A name to keep an eye on (I don't think he makes the team, but could be kept on the practice squad) is Dai'Jean Dixon a rookie from Nicholls State. I mention him because he was the best player on the field in Cajun Field last year when they faced us. He is big, he is strong and he is good. Dixon is 6'4" 200 lbs out of Edna Karr in New Orleans. In 10 games last season he caught 71 passes for 1002 yards and 8 TDs. That is an average of 7 receptions a game for 100 yards a game and almost a TD a game. Those numbers are ridiculous. Against us he had 14 receptions for 198 yards and 2 TD's, but he didn't just torch us, he had 4 games over 100 yards and at least 6 receptions in 6 games.

Kenny Stills would be behind Dai'Jean Dixon if he were on the roster, but again, he is not, so why are we discussing him.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information