Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Saints football

Default Re: On this beautiful 4th of July weekend:

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    SO the BWQ was just a typo then? I have no plans to clutter this board with thread after thread about non UL related things. But this is summer. And summer is slow as molases for all things college. I asked & got permission to post once in a while to help keep traffic going. It obviously got your attention. If you wanted to disagree, or pontificate that's your business. But it's not a secret you have a me complex. Otherwise, you wouldn't have gone out of your way to be so derogatory, then expound & agree with what I wrote. So just quit trying to find the mote in my eye & worry about your own eye & it will be fine.

By the way, I also think the O. line absolutely sucked last year even when they were winning games. A big portion of that suckage is now gone to Miami. And I doubt seriously that anyone will ever state if only we had Marcus Williams back we wouldn't have given up that big play. That dude made some serious bone headed whiffs & been late to the scene more often than Charlie Sheen was. Having said all of that, the hurricane, covid, etc. this team was still within one game of the playoffs. I came on in early 2020 predicting that natural gas prices would be well over 3 dollars/thousand within a year. I am predicting this team wins a minimum of 12 games this season & I'll even throw in a little sweetener. This team is in the NFC championship game & Jameis Winston wins NFL comeback player of the year & the MVP.
    What are you smoking man?

2. Default Re: On this beautiful 4th of July weekend:

It’s actually a great time for UL sports. Recruiting is in full swing. We are all getting ready for football and conference realignment is going nuts. I don’t think it is a slow summer.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    It’s actually a great time for UL sports. Recruiting is in full swing. We are all getting ready for football and conference realignment is going nuts. I don’t think it is a slow summer.
    When the two biggest stories of the month are about conference realignment taking place two years from now & Baker Mayfield taking a 4 million dollar pay cut to be traded for 5th round pick. It's a S l o w month. It's always slow in July. That is unless you are an MLB fan who can't wait for game number 81 of 162 game season to happen. Since I can't get excited about 162 of anything, this thread like a few others concerning things none UL related kind if help the traffic. Talking about conference realignment is like talking about which paint is better to use on the exterior of your house. It has some value, but if we were in the middle of the football season, I highly doubt a thread about USC & UCLA going to the big 10 would make 20 pages.

4. Default Re: On this beautiful 4th of July weekend:

This won’t get 20 pages either. Unless you and I get into a pizzing match. Believe me.

Right now most on this board would tell you the top things going on right now on this site are.

1– college football preview. We are 2 months away. It is time to start thinking about who and where ours stars will be.

2. Cajun QB battle

3. Cajun OL concerns

4. Cajun RB and LB replacements in 2022.

5. baseball transfer portal and recruiting. There is a ton of movement going on and the Cajuns are going to be the beneficiary of some of this and already have been.

6. Conference realignment. This is Cajun related for a number of reasons. The new look SBC, the future look SBC and where the Cajuns could end up.

Not in that order. But much more pertinent to true UL fans then who the best punter in the NFL is.

If you don’t believe me check out the thread titles conference realignment started by me on June 30th. 17 pages of posts. This one started by you on July 4th has 3 pages. And the most traffic has been in the last day between me you and JMV.

Conference realignment is much more pertinent and important to most Cajun fans on this site than what the saints have in 2022.

The baseball transfer portal has multiple threads at the same time but one started on 7/6 has more traffic than your saints one that started 2 days earlier.

I try to post the truth and back them up with facts. There is one for you to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    What are you smoking man?
    It’s almost like he read that somewhere

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2022.d-predictions/

6. Default Re: Saints football

Looks like Alvin kamara will play all season this year. With the delay in his hearing I doubt the NFL makes a decision until more is heard about the case.

7. Default Re: Saints football

well, the Alvin Kamara issue is over. Kamara entered a plea deal on a misdemeanor charge, so he will get zero jail time. He will probably be suspended by the NFL for some time, I would assume 3-4 weeks tops, the high end would be 6, but I don't think he will get that.

On another note, the word in Saints camp is that Alonte Taylor has a good chance to overtake the starting position at CB. So, at the end of the day, the Taylor pick looks like it was a good one, especially with the Saints making the move to go out and acquire Jamaal Williams and picking up Kendre Miller in the draft. Taylor will either be the starting DB over Paulson Adebo or will be the NB and play in the position vacated by PJ Williams in the past.

8. Default Re: Saints football

Not, shocked

9. Default Re: Saints football

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Not, shocked
    Which part, the Kamara or Taylor part are you not shocked about, or both.

10. Default Re: Saints football

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Which part, the Kamara or Taylor part are you not shocked about, or both.
    Kamara

11. Default Re: Saints football

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Kamara
    Well, the NFL decided, and I think for the Saints this is the best-case scenario. Alvin Kamara will be suspended for 3 weeks.

So, the expectations from someone on this board that he was going to be in the "clink". Not only did he not get convicted, as they settled, as I suspected they would do. But the consensus was somewhere between 4–6-week suspension and it ended up being 3 weeks. I think the fact that he is practicing with the team and will be able to get back in week 4 and can use Jamaal Williams and the drafting of Kendre Miller, the Saints will be ok in the run game.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information