Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Saints football

Default Re: On this beautiful 4th of July weekend:

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    So many questions here but not the least of which is why is this posted on the RagePage forum. This is supposed to be about UL sports or UL information. This has nothing, zero to do with UL. If anything this should have been moved to the Saints Yard or even possibly the Just Ragin section of this site.

I could go down and pick apart the parts that don't make any sense on this but it is not worth it, while BWQ has some really good points, he also has some that leave you scratching your head.

I will just pick apart #2.Kenny Stills is not a member of the Saints roster and has not been since the end of 2021. Kenny Stills if he were to sign with the Saints would be an issue, but he is not signing with the Saints because the Saints have moved on from Kenny Stills, the only reason Kenny Stills was brought back in the 2021 season is because of the decimated WR corp the Saints had last year. The WR's that are almost all but gauranteed a roster spot with the Saints are Marquez Calloway, Jarvis Landry, Chris Olave, Michael Thomas and Deonte Harty (formally Deonte Harris). That being said, the other guys on the roster ahead of Kenny Stills are all of them, because they are under contract and Kenny Stills is sitting at home hoping his agent can get him a J.O.B. But the Saints are high on a number of young players that could make the roster or the practice squad those include, Kirk Merritt, Kawaan Baker and Easop Winston. TreQuan Smith is going to have to earn his spot because the Saints WR corp is good and deep at the top. A name to keep an eye on (I don't think he makes the team, but could be kept on the practice squad) is Dai'Jean Dixon a rookie from Nicholls State. I mention him because he was the best player on the field in Cajun Field last year when they faced us. He is big, he is strong and he is good. Dixon is 6'4" 200 lbs out of Edna Karr in New Orleans. In 10 games last season he caught 71 passes for 1002 yards and 8 TDs. That is an average of 7 receptions a game for 100 yards a game and almost a TD a game. Those numbers are ridiculous. Against us he had 14 receptions for 198 yards and 2 TD's, but he didn't just torch us, he had 4 games over 100 yards and at least 6 receptions in 6 games.

Kenny Stills would be behind Dai'Jean Dixon if he were on the roster, but again, he is not, so why are we discussing him.
    Isn't that special? Sister Christian spends the first paragraph of her spew sniveling about a thread that she could have easily not read. Then after passing the compulsory insults has to write a page to tell her adoring public how uninformed I am only to agree with my point. FWIW, she could be right on about Dixon. I hope so because just as I stated originally about Kenny Stills, I also stated the same about TreQuan Smith. IF he is still on this roster, then the receiving corps isn't nearly as good as we think it is. The fact that she didn't spend any time picking apart the rest of my conclusions leads me to the conclusion that she has nothing else to pick at.

And if anyone has a problem with me doing a Saints thread every few weeks, or so then take it up with the message board originator & owner whom I asked permission from before I ever posted the first Saints thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Isn't that special? Sister Christian spends the first paragraph of her spew sniveling about a thread that she could have easily not read. Then after passing the compulsory insults has to write a page to tell her adoring public how uninformed I am only to agree with my point. FWIW, she could be right on about Dixon. I hope so because just as I stated originally about Kenny Stills, I also stated the same about TreQuan Smith. IF he is still on this roster, then the receiving corps isn't nearly as good as we think it is. The fact that she didn't spend any time picking apart the rest of my conclusions leads me to the conclusion that she has nothing else to pick at.

And if anyone has a problem with me doing a Saints thread every few weeks, or so then take it up with the message board originator & owner whom I asked permission from before I ever posted the first Saints thread.
    Dude stop. You didn't ask permission to post a thread.

3. Default Re: On this beautiful 4th of July weekend:

Kyle, I don't have any problem with you doing a Saints post, I just said it is not the proper spot on this website for it. You should have posted it under the correct place, there are 2 clear spots on raginpagin.com where it should have been posted. It does not belong on the Cajuns portion of this. So, you are wrong when you state that I have an issue with you posting this, just where it is posted. If you knew enough about this site you would know how to post things where they belong.

Secondly, I never insulted you in this post at all, in fact, part of it I actually said you stated many solid facts, if you reread what I said. I said I was going to pick apart one of the things you stated because I believe you are completely wrong about that piece but their is plenty I could have said.

Moreover, calling me a girl or lady is insane, why can't you have a normal conversation without tossing insults. I never called you a racist, like you accused me of, I have said and will state this one more time for the less intelligent, you have a tendency to say things that are not true to fit your narrative. I don't know if you do it on purpose or if you are if it is habitual, but that is my only problem with you. I am sure you are a nice guy as a few people have stated to me that you are and if I ever had the chance to speak to you in person I would see that. And I am okay with sitting with you over an adult beverage and getting to know you. I am sure as people I trust on this board have said, you are a better person in person than on this forum and that is a fact.

Now to review what you posted I agree with a ton of what you said, not exactly but I will break it down for you.

#1--I like Jameis and I think we are happy to have him with the Saints. That said he is an enigma. The guy can look like an All Pro and a Washout all in the same game. I thought he was doing a very respectable job last season before his injury and yes his deep ball is great and will be better with the likes of Olave and Thomas and another season of Calloway on the roster. So the Saints need Jameis to stay healthy and play under control, so point #1--Yes, I pretty much agree with you.

#2--Already stated. Stills has not been on the roster for 7 months and will never be again unless injuries decimate this team. TreQuan Smith might make the roster but it is an uphill climb for him because of our depth.

#3--Very little chance of Alvin Kamara going to the clink, he will get a 4-8 game suspension and he will be placed on some sort of probation/parole based on this, mark my words. I guarantee this gets settled out of court and the NFL levies a pretty substantial suspension on him. That being said, we still have Mark Ingram on this team and he is capable of filling in for short stints when coupled with a guys like Tony Jones and/or Abram Smith. The fact is unless your name is Alvin Kamara, Christian McCaffery, Nick Chubb or Dalvin Cook and maybe a handful of others, running backs are not worth high draft choices, they burn out quickly and most of the incredible ones in college end up being average in the NFL. The Saints were never going to take a RB to fill in for a guy temporarily early in the draft. Their is a better chance of Alonte Taylor becoming an Pro Bowl player than probably any of those names at RB with the exception of Bryan Robinson and again based on the fact that we have Kamara, the Saints weren't going to take a RB early, they are going to take their chances with the legal system because they believe and have smarter people than me and you researching what they think is going to happen. If they truly believed that he was going away for a long time they would have made a move already.

#4--Blake Gillikin is good, not the best punter in the league already, but really good and the potential to be great. I think the sky is the limit for this young man, but the best in the NFL right now, not yet. But in the top 5-7 for sure, with a higher ceiling than almost all of them.

#5--I like Werner and he can be good, but we have seen this story before, we had a number of really good LB's for the Saints that came on the scene like superstars and ended up either injured or had Sophomore and more slumps. I give you names like Alzanone and Stephone Anthony and more or even a guy like Mark Fields, who was injured allot. Werner only has a small sample size, lets give him some more time before crowning him a star.

6--The Saints do have 2 or more great corners, Lattimore has slowed after a superstar beginning but is still one of the best in the NFL. Adebo is a guy I like allot, but again small sample size, he is going to be pushed this year by Taylor who will probably end up being either the 2nd corner or be our Nickel guy over PJ Williams. So yes, I think if we go into the season with Lattimore, Adebo, Taylor and Williams on the roster we are in good shape.

#7--I think the Safeties will be fine, it is more about Dennis Allen as you said. He is the unknown in this equation. He needs to allow his assistants to do there job and help with the D. I think it was a great hire and the right one but only time will tell.

I hope you are right about 12-5 or 13-4, I don't see it. I think we are going to end up around 10-7 maybe 11-6 at the top end and 7-10 for the floor, but it will all depend on Jameis and other key players health. If we can finish 11-6 we will be in the playoffs and that is a step in the right direction. I think you are forgetting about Green Bay as a threat in the NFC. But overall much of your prognosis is pretty solid.

But that is why we come on sites like this, so we can agree to disagree, but we don't have degrade one another.

4. Default Re: On this beautiful 4th of July weekend:

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    He did.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    He did.
    Since when did you require folks to ask you for permission to start a thread?

6. Default Re: On this beautiful 4th of July weekend:

Dude I continue to try with this guy, but he can not have a normal conversation. I don't know if he is aware but I read every post or at least view every post on this site, no matter if it is Kyle or anyone else, I don't respond to every post or even every post that he makes, I only respond to the ones that I have something I think is relevant. I've been called out many times about my posts, specifically one about La Tech recently, but I don't call anyone a puzzie or a girl because we disagree, I take their opinion for what it is an opinion. I have mine and you have yours we don't always agree but I love seeing other opinions. MDM and I are good friends on and of this site as are MelRock and I, but both have stated that I was wrong on my opinion of La Tech, doesn't mean they are _______s, just means we disagree, I am ok with that.

7. Default Re: On this beautiful 4th of July weekend:

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    He did.
    Not sure why he asked permission on this, but again that does deny the fact that it should be posted on the Saints Yard area on this site not Ragin Page. If I have something to post that is not Cajun specific I either put it in the header (not Cajun related) or post it where it belongs. Why is it posted on the Ragin Page area?

8. Default Re: On this beautiful 4th of July weekend:

Required it was not.

Why do you say "required"?

He asked out of courtesy.

9. Default Re: On this beautiful 4th of July weekend:

Can I get permission to post a Breakers breakdown? Oh cr@p the season is over.

Dude I continue to try with this guy, but he can not have a normal conversation. I don't know if he is aware but I read every post or at least view every post on this site, no matter if it is Kyle or anyone else, I don't respond to every post or even every post that he makes, I only respond to the ones that I have something I think is relevant. I've been called out many times about my posts, specifically one about La Tech recently, but I don't call anyone a puzzie or a girl because we disagree, I take their opinion for what it is an opinion. I have mine and you have yours we don't always agree but I love seeing other opinions. MDM and I are good friends on and of this site as are MelRock and I, but both have stated that I was wrong on my opinion of La Tech, doesn't mean they are _______s, just means we disagree, I am ok with that.
    Watch out I heard Mel and M$M are some heavy bourbon drinkers.

11. Default Re: On this beautiful 4th of July weekend:

Watch out I heard Mel and M$M are some heavy bourbon drinkers.
    Oh they are. They both are.

Oh they are. They both are.
    You must have never meet Angeleast. Dude is a legend!

SO the BWQ was just a typo then? I have no plans to clutter this board with thread after thread about non UL related things. But this is summer. And summer is slow as molases for all things college. I asked & got permission to post once in a while to help keep traffic going. It obviously got your attention. If you wanted to disagree, or pontificate that's your business. But it's not a secret you have a me complex. Otherwise, you wouldn't have gone out of your way to be so derogatory, then expound & agree with what I wrote. So just quit trying to find the mote in my eye & worry about your own eye & it will be fine.

By the way, I also think the O. line absolutely sucked last year even when they were winning games. A big portion of that suckage is now gone to Miami. And I doubt seriously that anyone will ever state if only we had Marcus Williams back we wouldn't have given up that big play. That dude made some serious bone headed whiffs & been late to the scene more often than Charlie Sheen was. Having said all of that, the hurricane, covid, etc. this team was still within one game of the playoffs. I came on in early 2020 predicting that natural gas prices would be well over 3 dollars/thousand within a year. I am predicting this team wins a minimum of 12 games this season & I'll even throw in a little sweetener. This team is in the NFC championship game & Jameis Winston wins NFL comeback player of the year & the MVP.

14. Default Re: On this beautiful 4th of July weekend:

SO the BWQ was just a typo then? I have no plans to clutter this board with thread after thread about non UL related things. But this is summer. And summer is slow as molases for all things college. I asked & got permission to post once in a while to help keep traffic going. It obviously got your attention. If you wanted to disagree, or pontificate that's your business. But it's not a secret you have a me complex. Otherwise, you wouldn't have gone out of your way to be so derogatory, then expound & agree with what I wrote. So just quit trying to find the mote in my eye & worry about your own eye & it will be fine.

By the way, I also think the O. line absolutely sucked last year even when they were winning games. A big portion of that suckage is now gone to Miami. And I doubt seriously that anyone will ever state if only we had Marcus Williams back we wouldn't have given up that big play. That dude made some serious bone headed whiffs & been late to the scene more often than Charlie Sheen was. Having said all of that, the hurricane, covid, etc. this team was still within one game of the playoffs. I came on in early 2020 predicting that natural gas prices would be well over 3 dollars/thousand within a year. I am predicting this team wins a minimum of 12 games this season & I'll even throw in a little sweetener. This team is in the NFC championship game & Jameis Winston wins NFL comeback player of the year & the MVP.
    Actually it was a typo. It’s what others have called you and I actually did not mean to do that. I will correct.

So many questions here but not the least of which is why is this posted on the RagePage forum. This is supposed to be about UL sports or UL information. This has nothing, zero to do with UL. If anything this should have been moved to the Saints Yard or even possibly the Just Ragin section of this site.

I could go down and pick apart the parts that don't make any sense on this but it is not worth it, while BWK has some really good points, he also has some that leave you scratching your head.

I will just pick apart #2.Kenny Stills is not a member of the Saints roster and has not been since the end of 2021. Kenny Stills if he were to sign with the Saints would be an issue, but he is not signing with the Saints because the Saints have moved on from Kenny Stills, the only reason Kenny Stills was brought back in the 2021 season is because of the decimated WR corp the Saints had last year. The WR's that are almost all but gauranteed a roster spot with the Saints are Marquez Calloway, Jarvis Landry, Chris Olave, Michael Thomas and Deonte Harty (formally Deonte Harris). That being said, the other guys on the roster ahead of Kenny Stills are all of them, because they are under contract and Kenny Stills is sitting at home hoping his agent can get him a J.O.B. But the Saints are high on a number of young players that could make the roster or the practice squad those include, Kirk Merritt, Kawaan Baker and Easop Winston. TreQuan Smith is going to have to earn his spot because the Saints WR corp is good and deep at the top. A name to keep an eye on (I don't think he makes the team, but could be kept on the practice squad) is Dai'Jean Dixon a rookie from Nicholls State. I mention him because he was the best player on the field in Cajun Field last year when they faced us. He is big, he is strong and he is good. Dixon is 6'4" 200 lbs out of Edna Karr in New Orleans. In 10 games last season he caught 71 passes for 1002 yards and 8 TDs. That is an average of 7 receptions a game for 100 yards a game and almost a TD a game. Those numbers are ridiculous. Against us he had 14 receptions for 198 yards and 2 TD's, but he didn't just torch us, he had 4 games over 100 yards and at least 6 receptions in 6 games.

Kenny Stills would be behind Dai'Jean Dixon if he were on the roster, but again, he is not, so why are we discussing him.
    I don’t mind if BWK makes threads about the Saints. I enjoy the NFL too, so it’s nice to talk about it every once in awhile. However, I do agree that these types of threads should be moved to Saints Yard.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information