https://ragincajuns.com/news/2022/6/...f-weekend.aspx

I can't remember if this had been posted or not, but this is a huge honor to be invited to play in the ITA Kickoff weekend for the men's tennis team. It will be January 27 and 28 2023 and the Cajuns will be guaranteed 2 matches. To give you an idea of how big this is 60 of the top 69 teams from 2022 were invited to participate in this. The top 49 teams from last year 1-49 are in it, the only teams in the top 60 that are not participating are the following:

50 Illinois
56 UCSB
57 Clemson
60 Cornell

Then the following chose not to participate:

62 Georgia State
64 Wisconsin
65 Denver
67 UC Irvine
68 South Alabama

It could have been that they have conflicts that weekend that will not allow them to participate. The Cajuns will have a brutal first round draw as they will play #6 Tennessee made it to the SemiFinals last year. I am not sure how good UT will be this year as they lost a few players but picked up a ton in the transfer portal this year, so I would assume pretty good.

If the Cajuns would win they would play the winner of #34 Oklahoma vs #48 Charlotte, if they lose they would play the loser. Just the fact that they were invited to play in this is huge. There are 264 teams that play D1 College Tennis and the Cajuns are considered one of the Top 61 teams in the country. They would have been much higher had they not lost Karlo Kajin late in the season with an injury. This team was as high as #37 in the country at one point.

The SBC NCAA tournament representative was Georgia State, who we easily beat 4-1 when we were not completely healthy, they gave FSU all they could handle in the first round of the NCAA tournament. That Georgia State match was the last match we won after that the injury bug crushed us.