Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: ODU Football Season Tickets

Default Re: OT: ODU Football Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Pop View Post
    Agree. There are so many people that I know personally, that I sat next to in the stands as students, in the late 80s and early 90s, once they graduated, got a job, and a little money they became A&M at BR season ticket holders and TAF members. Heck one of my fraternity brothers goes as far as, calling on people in Houston, and telling them he went to La St at BR, and he never stepped foot in a classroom there. I just don’t get the lack of loyalty to the school you graduated from. I’ll never understand that mentality.
    Your fraternity brother is a loser

App State may not have a “powerhouse”, but they do have an Autonomous 5 (P5) in the University of North Carolina in their state and coming to Kidd Brewer stadium to open the season. That’s something to get excited about!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Lafayette absolutely sucks when it comes to supporting the Cajuns. It’s embarrassing.
    I agree completely. Lafayette is an awesome town but its very finicky!

Yes, we have a fan cULture problem that needs to be solve intrinsically. We need to change mindsets to support our Ragin’ Cajuns! Some said winning would do it. Louisiana is on a 13 game win streak in football and counting.

What needs to happen to get Louisiana football fans excited?

Coaches Road Show throughout south Louisiana
    Fan Day announcement
    Increase Marketing (not just passive email/social media)
    Themed Ticket Blitz in July
    Team Events in the community
    Team/coaches asking fans to join the ride and purchase season tickets.

Keep the Streak Alive!

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Yes, we have a fan cULture problem that needs to be solve intrinsically. We need to change mindsets to support our Ragin’ Cajuns! Some said winning would do it. Louisiana is on a 13 game win streak in football and counting.

What needs to happen to get Louisiana football fans excited?

Coaches Road Show throughout south Louisiana
    Fan Day announcement
    Increase Marketing (not just passive email/social media)
    Themed Ticket Blitz in July
    Team Events in the community
    Team/coaches asking fans to join the ride and purchase season tickets.

Keep the Streak Alive!
    We have more of a walk up fan base lol…. Does anyone have a actual number of Season tickets sold or is everything hear say?

New thread, same ole story. This fanbase is not energized, and this home schedule is sure not gonna fire up anybody. The CF experience is not a good one, and this season has a lot of uncertainty. It is a complex issue. Winning the Sun Belt, being in the top 20 is a great start, but that's all it is, a start.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    New thread, same ole story. This fanbase is not energized, and this home schedule is sure not gonna fire up anybody. The CF experience is not a good one, and this season has a lot of uncertainty. It is a complex issue. Winning the Sun Belt, being in the top 20 is a great start, but that's all it is, a start.
    Dude, there is NO FAN BASE. That's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    So true. I’m pretty sure that every Cajuns game I’ve been to ended with almost entirely empty stands, and I’ve been to a lot of Cajuns games! It’s even more pathetic when you realize most of the crowd leaves at halftime, and it’s so stupid to me that most of those people leaving at halftime are students. You would think Students would stay to represent their team… but nope! It’s unbelievable!!
    Its easy to blame the fans and community when was the last time we had a quality out of conference opponent at CF I'll quess Boise at 11 am 90+ degrees and we got skull drug.

I don't think LSU can keep up with the spending of Texas/TA&M/Florida/Alabama/Georgia if NIL and Transfer Portal rules remain the same for the foreseeable future. At least in football.

This might keep fans west of the basin if LSU falls behind, but we have to maintain success.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Its easy to blame the fans and community when was the last time we had a quality out of conference opponent at CF I'll quess Boise at 11 am 90+ degrees and we got skull drug.
    That is a good point, we haven’t had great non-conference opponents at home. I don’t think they’re bad enough not to attend games tho. Oh and yeah that Boise State game was awful (I was there lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    If you cannot sell season tickets while on a 13 game winning streak there is a problem. And it is not a University problem, it is an alumni and community support problem.
    You can't say it isn't a university problem. Decisions made by the university have a direct connection to alumni and community support.

From the average fan perspective, we had a terrible football team from 1997-2010. That's 13 years of people graduating from college who weren't inspired to care about football.

How old are those people now? Early 30's to late 40's. That's prime season ticket buying age.

You can't blame people for not caring about something they aren't given a reason to care about.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    You can't say it isn't a university problem. Decisions made by the university have a direct connection to alumni and community support.

From the average fan perspective, we had a terrible football team from 1997-2010. That's 13 years of people graduating from college who weren't inspired to care about football.

How old are those people now? Early 30's to late 40's. That's bring season ticket buying age.

You can't blame people for not caring about something they aren't given a reason to care about.
    I know you have tried given folks tickets and they still didn't take you up on the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post

How old are those people now? Early 30's to late 40's. That's prime season ticket buying age.

So you are saying those folks can never be won over because of the time frame they came to school? The excuse used to be no one wants to watch a loser. Now you have a top 25 program 2 years in a row. They asked for a winner the university delivered and they still not showing up. They just found other excuses. Our $h!++y alumni and community will always find an excuse why not to show up. It’s just what they do.

14. Default Re: OT: ODU Football Season Tickets

More than a few of the disconnected don't even know (yet) that Louisiana went 13-1 last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Your fraternity brother is a loser
    Mike Scarbourgh of Tiger Bait.com bashes our University publicly every chance he gets. I have heard him on Baton Rouge Radio over the years. In particular the Buddy Songy show. Mike is a Sigma Nu at then USL. Buddy is also USL alum. 2 guys that loves taking shots at their own university on the BR air waves.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information