Thread: Conor Higgs uses summer with Plainsmen to improve mentality at the plate

1. UL Baseball Conor Higgs uses summer with Plainsmen to improve mentality at the plate

North Platte’s Conor Higgs has had about as good of a start for the Plainsmen as anyone could have asked for.

In nine games, the Louisiana redshirt sophomore is batting .500 with 15 hits, including a triple and two doubles to go along with seven runs and 10 RBI.

Default Re: Conor Higgs uses summer with Plainsmen to improve mentality at the plate

This is good news. We can use his bat next year

3. Default Re: Conor Higgs uses summer with Plainsmen to improve mentality at the plate

If I recall correctly, no batter truly impressed last summer.

Perhaps the Deggs system is about to kick into high gear.

4. Default Re: Conor Higgs uses summer with Plainsmen to improve mentality at the plate

Higgs impressed me late in the year, he played in 20 games this year, in the first 10 games he was 1-12 or .083 with no RBI's and 2 Runs Scored, in his last 20 games he hit 5-16 or .325 no RBI's but 2 doubles and 5 Runs Scored. It was actually higher than that in the last 9 games as he hit .357. It was limited action but he played well in that limited action late in the year. Hopefully he can continue to improve and help us next year.

Default Re: Conor Higgs uses summer with Plainsmen to improve mentality at the plate

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Higgs impressed me late in the year, he played in 20 games this year, in the first 10 games he was 1-12 or .083 with no RBI's and 2 Runs Scored, in his last 20 games he hit 5-16 or .325 no RBI's but 2 doubles and 5 Runs Scored. It was actually higher than that in the last 9 games as he hit .357. It was limited action but he played well in that limited action late in the year. Hopefully he can continue to improve and help us next year.
    And, it is harder to hit well in limited action. Looking good for him next year.

Thread Information