Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Florida NIL/Recruiting

Default Re: Florida NIL/Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If I’m being honest, all of the changes are impacting my excitement for next season.

Collegiate athletics are so far away from what originally made it great. I still have some of that feeling with our baseball program but who knows what the future looks like…
    Well damn, you sound like an OG! LMFAO!

2. Default Re: Florida NIL/Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Well damn, you sound like an OG! LMFAO!
    I like to approach things with optimism and let them play out before I make a hardened opinion.

I thought surely, by now, someone would have regulated or amended this obviously disastrous path that collegiate sports is on. I think we have enough hardcore evidence at this point to know that the current course is not healthy for the majority of universities sponsoring athletics. Hard to not let it get you down.

I like to approach things with optimism and let them play out before I make a hardened opinion.

I thought surely, by now, someone would have regulated or amended this obviously disastrous path that collegiate sports is on. I think we have enough hardcore evidence at this point to know that the current course is not healthy for the majority of universities sponsoring athletics. Hard to not let it get you down.
    You kids will get older and you will be amazed how little you start caring for this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    No thanks, won't need to replace multiple-year COTY Dezmo that gets us multiple SBC championships.
    😂. Yeah. Okay.

Collegiate athletics are on a dangerous path. If the number of schools that have a chance for real success are greatly reduced, interest will wane significantly. I think the powers that be know that but have no idea how to fix it. I think you will see the requirement to sit out a year before transferring reinstated soon. That is the only short term fix available.

6. Default Re: Florida NIL/Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Collegiate athletics are on a dangerous path. If the number of schools that have a chance for real success are greatly reduced, interest will wane significantly. I think the powers that be know that but have no idea how to fix it. I think you will see the requirement to sit out a year before transferring reinstated soon. That is the only short term fix available.
    ……..How about this situation? Among the various things in my life, I was the first academic advisor for athletics at UL….tough gig with one secretary…..just wondering if a teacher is offered $20k by an athlete for a passing grade when the grade determined the kid’s eligibility……extra bucks for the prof, athlete can now play, the team increases it’s chances of winning, Hell, maybe the academic dude gets a cut (kidding)…well???

7. Default Re: Florida NIL/Recruiting

Im not seeing what product this student athlete would be endorsing? Does NIL no longer even require an actual NIL?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information