Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Florida NIL/Recruiting

Default Re: Florida NIL/Recruiting

Things like what's described at start of this thread seem to suggest 2023 class of 4 & 5 star recruits might be less concentrated due to NIL opportunities. Maybe in a couple years more variety than same ole Alabama, Clemson, Ohio St., etc. will make the CFP.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Would you take him back after he fails at Florida?
    No, that ship has sailed. I am all in on the Ultimate Deztination!

I still wonder what is going to happen in the locker room between players. Money doesn't make chemistry.

Wait, I may have a new slogan coming.

"my money don't jiggle, it folds.......a qb in two because he got an NIL deal and as a left tackle i did not"

i think thats ow it goes

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Cry me a river. Maggard committed all resources to him. The donors were willing to step up.

Then he back stabbed and lied on the way out. Y’all can call it “the business of college football” all you want; it was reprehensible. I have no sympathy for a hypocrite.
    Could not have said it better

Cry me a river. Maggard committed all resources to him. The donors were willing to step up.

Then he back stabbed and lied on the way out. Y’all can call it “the business of college football” all you want; it was reprehensible. I have no sympathy for a hypocrite.
    Billy made his decision and his compensation is life changing. Part of his job is dealing with the money people that want to control the program and weren't behind his hiring. This is common in the SEC and it's the culture he signed up for.

Florida isn't lacking funds to pay athletes through the NIL. He's playing with the big boys now and he's an unknown to many of the top athlete's in Florida, Georgia and other states. It's no coincidence Florida and LSU are struggling in recruiting at this point. None of it has to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Billy made his decision and his compensation is life changing. Part of his job is dealing with the money people that want to control the program and weren't behind his hiring. This is common in the SEC and it's the culture he signed up for.

Florida isn't lacking funds to pay athletes through the NIL. He's playing with the big boys now and he's an unknown to many of the top athlete's in Florida, Georgia and other states. It's no coincidence Florida and LSU are struggling in recruiting at this point. None of it has to do with money.
    You inadvertently left out the biggest tape measuring contest going on in the SEC…Auburn and their sugar daddy. So far, Auburn administration is still in control.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    You inadvertently left out the biggest tape measuring contest going on in the SEC…Auburn and their sugar daddy. So far, Auburn administration is still in control.
    I did say its common in the SEC, so that does include Auburn. It's pretty much the same from Baton Rouge to Tuscaloosa and South to Gainesville. Bama fans wanted Saban fired after he lost to ULM. Let Saban lose two SEC Championship games in a row, and the chirping will begin.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I still wonder what is going to happen in the locker room between players. Money doesn't make chemistry.

Just curious, but why do you think college locker rooms will differ than any industry? Bar tenders & waitstaff make more money than cooks. Engineers make more than their drafters. Doctors make more than their nurse.

All of these lower level positions are critical to the success of superior. They all function every day.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    No thanks, won't need to replace multiple-year COTY Dezmo that gets us multiple SBC championships.
    The only proper response.

Dez can hire him back as a QB coach.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Just curious, but why do you think college locker rooms will differ than any industry? Bar tenders & waitstaff make more money than cooks. Engineers make more than their drafters. Doctors make more than their nurse.

All of these lower level positions are critical to the success of superior. They all function every day.
    Well, the first reason is, I don't think all players will be receiving money. So, whoever doesn't will not be too happy about it at some point. Whenever there are unhappy players there is resentment and that leads to bad chemistry. All your expamples are all persons employed.

Hopefully that is not what is going to happen to college football, but I am not optimistic.

I have dropped being an nfl fan, for various reasons. If college football is going to be the minor league of the nfl, I will probably move on from there as well.

Money for the players, in general, is probably good in college, as a lot of the schools and ncaa make a lot of money off it. But in my world, I would have a trust account setup for each player and any moneys for that player go into the trust, available to him/her upon graduation (or some major obstacle to be pre-determined, such as death of family members, etc).

12. Default Re: Florida NIL/Recruiting

Well, the first reason is, I don't think all players will be receiving money. So, whoever doesn't will not be too happy about it at some point. Whenever there are unhappy players there is resentment and that leads to bad chemistry. All your expamples are all persons employed.

Hopefully that is not what is going to happen to college football, but I am not optimistic.

I have dropped being an nfl fan, for various reasons. If college football is going to be the minor league of the nfl, I will probably move on from there as well.

Money for the players, in general, is probably good in college, as a lot of the schools and ncaa make a lot of money off it. But in my world, I would have a trust account setup for each player and any moneys for that player go into the trust, available to him/her upon graduation (or some major obstacle to be pre-determined, such as death of family members, etc).
    If I’m being honest, all of the changes are impacting my excitement for next season.

Collegiate athletics are so far away from what originally made it great. I still have some of that feeling with our baseball program but who knows what the future looks like…

They'll fix it the same way the NFL manages...the quarterback who makes $10 million a year will buy a nice watch or something for all his linemen that make $1 million.

If we have a QB that makes $100K, you don't think you're going to see him and his linemen at Ruth's Chris on Sunday night? You bet you will. And there you have chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I did say its common in the SEC, so that does include Auburn. It's pretty much the same from Baton Rouge to Tuscaloosa and South to Gainesville. Bama fans wanted Saban fired after he lost to ULM. Let Saban lose two SEC Championship games in a row, and the chirping will begin.
    Sorry T…brain cramp on my part. This NIL thing is quickly turning into lemmings over the cliff.

I have little faith overall the wealth will be shared at the college level since major greed drives the bus.

If I’m being honest, all of the changes are impacting my excitement for next season.

Collegiate athletics are so far away from what originally made it great. I still have some of that feeling with our baseball program but who knows what the future looks like…
    I'm with you there. I've definitely started refocusing on priorities.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information