Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread: Ole Miss Pitcher to UL? NOT

1. Default Re: Ole Miss Pitcher to UL?

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Wonder why all these kids from stm always wanna come “back here” when things dont work out down the road at xyz school?
    Why are you pointing kids out from STM? Marusak Tx Tech, Willis, LSU, Arrighetti TCU, Heck Nathan Nelson Tx Tech, Tommy Clark Tx A&M… And I am sure there were plenty in between. It’s not isolated to STM kids.

Default Re: Ole Miss Pitcher to UL?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    Why are you pointing kids out from STM? Marusak Tx Tech, Willis, LSU, Arrighetti TCU, Heck Nathan Nelson Tx Tech, Tommy Clark Tx A&M… And I am sure there were plenty in between. It’s not isolated to STM kids.
    How many STM players we had in Robe’s last year? Four if I recall correctly. Looked like JT/recruiting wasn’t leaving town.

The title of the thread should be local player returns home.

There was a time in 2018 or 2019 that 7 of the 9 guys on the field were from STM, Teurlings or Notre Dame.

Its the ones that leave for greener pastures im refering to then come back bc the pastures were not greener

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    There was a time in 2018 or 2019 that 7 of the 9 guys on the field were from STM, Teurlings or Notre Dame.

And JT was rightfully being called out for being a lazy recruiter. There is/was not that much mid to high end D1 talent in a 15 mile radius of UL.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    And JT was rightfully being called out for being a lazy recruiter. There is/was not that much mid to high end D1 talent in a 15 mile radius of UL.
    I don't know if he was lazy or not, but our record with him running things was not good. His first season gone we make the 1st regional in the last five. FWIW, Brennan says he is way underrated as a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    I don't know if he was lazy or not, but our record with him running things was not good. His first season gone we make the 1st regional in the last five. FWIW, Brennan says he is way underrated as a coach.
    That is a common response for someone to say when they gave you a second chance after passing them over the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    That is a common response for someone to say when they gave you a second chance after passing them over the first time.
    Brennan is in the know. I trust him.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Brennan is in the know. I trust him.
    I am not doubting you, but his response is what most folks would say to not rock the boat. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what kind of coach he was. He is history.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Its the ones that leave for greener pastures im refering to then come back bc the pastures were not greener
    How could they leave UL for greener pastures if they were never committed, signed, or a student at UL. You have to be a part of something before you can leave it. For instance Drew McDaniels has never left UL for greener pastures.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    How could they leave UL for greener pastures if they were never committed, signed, or a student at UL. You have to be a part of something before you can leave it. For instance Drew McDaniels has never left UL for greener pastures.
    Well taken. But it is fair to assume that local high school ball players have a familiarity with the culture and history of Cajuns baseball, and chose to try something different. Another thing is, a lot of local kids grew up on LSU baseball instead of Cajuns baseball. Just is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    Well taken. But it is fair to assume that local high school ball players have a familiarity with the culture and history of Cajuns baseball, and chose to try something different. Another thing is, a lot of local kids grew up on LSU baseball instead of Cajuns baseball. Just is what it is.
    I hear what you are saying and the kid did grow up in a UL family. He was recruited by several schools. His final 3 were UL, LSU, and Ole Miss. But he didn't leave UL or LSU for greener pastures. He took what he perceived to be his best offer at the time coming out of high school. Heck maybe he just wanted to get away and live in a true college town where kids go there and live on campus and students support athletics and don't commute as much?

13. Default Re: Ole Miss Pitcher to UL?

I hear what you are saying and the kid did grow up in a UL family. He was recruited by several schools. His final 3 were UL, LSU, and Ole Miss. But he didn't leave UL or LSU for greener pastures. He took what he perceived to be his best offer at the time coming out of high school. Heck maybe he just wanted to get away and live in a true college town where kids go there and live on campus and students support athletics and don't commute as much?
    I had no issues with him committing to and going to play at Ole Miss. He posted many fastballs in the 90's in Atlanta early in his high school career along with a complete game shutout exhibiting and that pretty much wrote his ticket to whatever university he wanted to attend as a baseball player.

If he transfers here, I hope and pray that he finds it again and becomes a star for the Cajuns. I know he has all the ability and tools if he can get his head straight. He is definitely worth throwing a flyer at here.

Tomorrow could be a good day.
    For UL?

Yep.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread Information