Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18

Thread: Ole Miss Pitcher to UL? NOT

1. Default Re: Ole Miss Pitcher to UL?

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    Camelot, Ragin Pagin, what's the difference. I'm here anyway, jokes on me
    Come-a-lot?

Default Re: Ole Miss Pitcher to UL?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    It will be between Clay Wargo (Coastal transfer) and Landon Williams (incoming freshman from Texas). Williams is a utility guy who can play many positions, but his main position is behind the plate. Similar to a CJ Willis type, but more of a Catcher first. He is 6'3 195 from Abeline, Texas. Perfect Game has him ranked in the Top 1000 High School players, Top 400 Catchers and Top 365 players in Texas and Top 50 Catchers in Texas. I think with both Williams and Wargo it will give us time to mature someone behind Brock next season. This year we really did not have much of a backup behind JB. I know we had Austin Garrett but Garrett had a total of 14 AB's all season. I think one of the two names above will get a few more AB's in 2023. I still think JB will do the lions share of the catching but I think both Williams and Wargo have a bigger upside than Garrett did.

Wargo is more of a true catcher and should have the advantage behind the plate if the season started today, but Williams is more versatile and may be more of a pure athlete. We shall see how it shakes out, but one thing is for sure, JB will be behind the dish for most of 2023 and we should all be happy about that.

Some exciting things for 2023:

Heath Hood and Max Marusak should be back in the outfield for us in 2023 as long as Max is back healthy. Hood really came on last year at the end of the season. The big loss will be Conner Kimple, but we have a bunch of names that could fill in, not limited to Will Veillon and Caleb Stelly (incoming Freshman) as well as Rocco who can play 1st or the OF and other incoming players. 1B will be Rocco's and we have a number of guys behind him if he moves to the OF which he will do periodically. 2B will hopefully be Warner Riccones to lose. Warner is so good defensively he just needs to be a .230 or above hitter to make a difference on this team. SS is Kyle Debarge and no one will take that away from him. 3B is open right now with T-Rob leaving. Behind the dish will be Julien Brock.

So effectively returning from a Regional Team and SBC Tournament champions are 2 OF's, 1B, 2B (partime), SS and Catcher.

If we can solidify 3B and lock down some weekend starters I really think this team is going to be pretty salty come 2023.
    Good post Dave. I will add a few names to keep an eye on this fall. Infielder Landrey Wilkerson (JC), OF Conner Doucet and OF Luke Yuhasz also talented HS signees.

3. Default Re: Ole Miss Pitcher to UL? NOT

Any more news on any of the following pitchers previously mentioned to be transferring to Louisiana

Aligood from Tulane
    Tate from Tulane
    Bihm from a Miss Jr College
    McGeehee from Ole Mis

4. Default Re: Ole Miss Pitcher to UL? NOT

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Any more news on any of the following pitchers previously mentioned to be transferring to Louisiana

Aligood from Tulane
    Tate from Tulane
    Bihm from a Miss Jr College
    McGeehee from Ole Mis
    ….On a lil different subject …the son of a former UL player got drafted from LSU and is getting $6.5 mil…think you all know of whom I speak….started at Ariz St but went to LSU with a coach…wish he had been a Cajun!

Default Re: Ole Miss Pitcher to UL? NOT

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ………On a lil different subject …the son of a former UL player got drafted from LSU and is getting $6.5 mil…think you all know of whom I speak….started at Ariz St but went to LSU with a coach…wish he had been a Cajun!
    LSU had a lot of players drafted and most have signed, or will sign.
    https://lsutigerswire.usatoday.com/l.-cade-doughty/

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18

Thread Information