Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread: Ole Miss Pitcher to UL? NOT

1. Default Re: Ole Miss Pitcher to UL?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Pop View Post
    I agree it will happen. But you are wrong there are no cases of NILs going to walk ons at this point.
    Prove it.

2. Default Re: Ole Miss Pitcher to UL?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    While anything can and will happen at some point for some off the wall reason, it will always be an outlier.

If any NIL investor has an extra dime to invest, he/she will certainly be using said dime to lure the best possible player, not a walk-on.

3. Default Re: Ole Miss Pitcher to UL?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Prove it.
    You are not a NIL charity case until the money changes hands.

There are no cases of NILs going to walk ons at this point.

Default Re: Ole Miss Pitcher to UL?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You are not a NIL charity case until the money changes hands.

There are no cases of NILs going to walk ons at this point.
    https://www.franchisetimes.com/franc.5a11c10bb.html

5. Default Re: Ole Miss Pitcher to UL?

I already quoted you earlier on this.

Walk-ons (the restaurant) has such a hyper focus that it is an extreme outlier, so much so that it has no NIL merit.

6. Default Re: Ole Miss Pitcher to UL?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I already quoted you earlier on this.

Walk-ons (the restaurant) has such a hyper focus that it is an extreme outlier, so much so that it has no NIL merit.
    Don’t fool yourself, there is plenty NIL going to non-scholarship athletes in baseball and softball

Some people are naive how to how this is working. Again, its not at every level of college baseball but its happening. Creative accounting doesn't exist only in the business world.

8. Default Re: Ole Miss Pitcher to UL?

Don’t fool yourself, there is plenty NIL going to non-scholarship athletes in baseball and softball
    Not fooled this time. .

Non-scholarship players have led the way for years on getting substitute under the table money.

Now that it is on the table, they will not be the the ones getting the appearance fees.

The occasional restaurant with a marketing twist is an outlier. Even if they pick a few in every town where they have a restaurant.

It looks like everybody is lost and there is no bird to be found.
    There are birds. Let's just say on Friday I had an hour long conversation with the rooster of the house hold in question. I even had a 10 min conversation with the young man in question at the movie theatre yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately at their request that's all I can give you at the moment. Things can change by the day in this world we are living in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Pop View Post
    I agree it will happen. But you are wrong there are no cases of NILs going to walk ons at this point.
    I am pretty sure one of our men's walk on basketball players, has an nil with a local eatery.

edit: by walk on, I mean non-scholarship

Travel ball softball players are getting paid and some of you guys think D1 walk on's will not get paid?

12. Default Re: Ole Miss Pitcher to UL?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Travel ball softball players are getting paid and some of you guys think D1 walk on's will not get paid?
    Just because The 3-Legged Barstool Salloon adopts a 3-legged dog as a mascot, does not mean it's a thing.

Now then, when walk-ons become starters, the script has flipped.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I am pretty sure one of our men's walk on basketball players, has an nil with a local eatery.

edit: by walk on, I mean non-scholarship
    Wasn't said player rewarded a scholarship at practice this year? I'll just say this if UL is getting NIL deals for their true walk on players they better start figuring out how to get their top line players better deals in stead of walk ons, because those are the ones other schools will come after.

14. Default Re: Ole Miss Pitcher to UL?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Wasn't said player rewarded a scholarship at practice this year? I'll just say this if UL is getting NIL deals for their true walk on players they better start figuring out how to get their top line players better deals in stead of walk ons, because those are the ones other schools will come after.
    I don’t think we talking about UL.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    You are probably right, although he didn't see much playing time, we did lose a player so there should have been a scholarship available.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread Information