Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: QB Battle

Default Re: QB Battle

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Pop View Post
    A

If 5’10” chandler was as good as 5’10” Baker he wouldn’t be here either. What’s your point?

Pop.
    Mayfield was a 3 star out of high school. Walked on at Texas Tech...Mayfield is the first walk-on true freshman quarterback to start a FBS season opener at the quarterback position....

So, What's your pernt? It seems to be a legit comparrison...at least early in career...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Mayfield was a 3 star out of high school. Walked on at Texas Tech...Mayfield is the first walk-on true freshman quarterback to start a FBS season opener at the quarterback position....

So, What's your pernt? It seems to be a legit comparrison...at least early in career...
    Let’s talk when our guy has the college career baker had and wins the heisman and plays in the NFL. Because stars in recruiting mean absolutely nothing.

Let’s talk when our guy has the college career baker had and wins the heisman and plays in the NFL. Because stars in recruiting mean absolutely nothing.
    I did note...early in his career...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I did note...early in his career...
    But you were actually talking about before his career began. It didn’t take long for the recruiting gurus realize they got his evaluation wrong. Heck I hope napier got chandlers wrong and he turns out to be light years better than Levi.

I just hope we got a guy on the current roster better than the last guy we had at the QB position. Not saying Levi was bad or taking anything from him it is just a position we need to continue to up grade.

6. Default Re: QB Battle

Just because there are many examples of where a 5 star can flop and a zero star can win a super bowl doesn't mean they "mean absolutely nothing."

The difference from one star to the next might be negligible but historically when separated by two or more stars the gap means a lot.

I get that one 3 can rise and one 3 can fall but I would do everthing possible to find positive comparisons until proven otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Just because there are many examples of where a 5 star can flop and a zero star can win a super bowl doesn't mean they "mean absolutely nothing."

The difference from one star to the next might be negligible but historically when separated by two or more stars the gap means a lot.

I get that one 3 can rise and one 3 can fall but I would do everthing possible to find positive comparisons until proven otherwise.
    Turbine if your theory holds true on QB's and weight rooms then chandler doesn't have a chance. Not only does he do the lifts with the team, I also see him in Reds all the time working very hard on the weights. The kid is a weight room rat.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Like Baker Mayfield?
    Baker is actually around 6’1”. I don’t know how much of the spring game you saw? Seeing over the line down the field was definitely a major issue for chandler at times when he tried staying in the pocket.

9. Default Re: QB Battle

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Turbine if your theory holds true on QB's and weight rooms then chandler doesn't have a chance. Not only does he do the lifts with the team, I also see him in Reds all the time working very hard on the weights. The kid is a weight room rat.
    I have zero problem with "weight room rats" in the off season, my concern is game week.

Specifically, arms.

I would rather him throw a million passes. (Hyperbole of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I have zero problem with "weight room rats" in the off season, my concern is game week.

Specifically, arms.

I would rather him throw a million passes. (Hyperbole of course)
    Got you. I have always understood you to mean weights period. I would think during the season most QB's do more bands and stretching than heavy lifting. Maybe a light lift one day a week to not lose strength through out the course of a long season.

As we all know..."curls get the girls"...

Russell Wilson lifts 4 days a week.

I'm hearing Fields is the starter, however Chriss is dropping jaws. He has a big time arm, but also has happy feet. This is coming from my source which is very reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I'm hearing fields is the starter, however Chriss is dropping jaws. He has a big time arm, but also has happy feet. This is coming from my source which is very reliable.
    Sounds about right. Chriss has crazy wheels for the qb position so he may be used to taking off instead of sitting in the pocket

I’ve been wondering if Des will eventually favor a running QB like himself and revamp the zone read that he ran back in his day. Dude was absolutely filthy running the option

Disagree it affects your ranking to start the season and let’s face it we need all the help we can get to make a BCS bowl. Also Drew Brees is 5’10 and he did pretty well.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information