Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns baseball players could be selected in 2022 MLB Draft

1. UL Baseball Which Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns baseball players could be selected in 2022 MLB Draft

Which Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns players could be among those selected in this year's 2022 MLB Draft?

For many of the Cajuns, the next step will be to hear their names called in this year's MLB Draft, which takes place July 17-19. The league will hold its 20-round draft over those three days with more than 600 college and high school prospects looking to be drafted.

Default Re: Which Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns baseball players could be selected in 2022 MLB Draft

TRob and Brock will be drafted

Default Re: Which Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns baseball players could be selected in 2022 MLB Draft

Brock will probably be the only player drafted.

4. Default Re: Which Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns baseball players could be selected in 2022 MLB Draft

As Jay said, TR and Julian both getting a call. If Julian is a top 10 rounder, I fear we lose him..

What a terrible article

Didnt Bonds recently have TJ surgery?

Kimple and his defensive versatility? He was mostly a DH

And not listing Robertson and Brock??

6. Default Re: Which Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns baseball players could be selected in 2022 MLB Draft

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    What a terrible article

I would be pretty safe to say they missed it.

What a terrible article

You are correct, not a very good article. Not surprising however coming from the Advertiser (reinforces my decision to drop my subscription several months back after 30 years) The writer either is not much of a follower of UL baseball or did very little or no research. Agree with Jay, I think TRob and Brock get drafted.

What a terrible article

Yet another epic write up by The Daily Disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    As Jay said, TR and Julian both getting a call. If Julian is a top 10 rounder, I fear we lose him..
    I see Brock going before TR but I think either way TR's not coming back no matter where he goes in the draft.

Chipper menard and Bobby Lada

11. Default Re: Which Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns baseball players could be selected in 2022 MLB Draft

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    I see Brock going before TR but I think either way TR's not coming back no matter where he goes in the draft.
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Agreed. I am guessing Brock is a top half of the draft guy and gone. That was the worst pre-draft article ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Agreed. I am guessing Brock is a top half of the draft guy and gone. That was the worst pre-draft article ever.
    When you say top half of the draft, are you saying within the Top 10 Rounds? I haven't a clue, but I'm not seeing him anywhere in the list of top 250 or 300 draft eligible players.

I thought i missed the second half of the article or something after reading it last night. Pretty poorly done.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    When you say top half of the draft, are you saying within the Top 10 Rounds? I haven't a clue, but I'm not seeing him anywhere in the list of top 250 or 300 draft eligible players.
    Top 10 rounds. Osborne was 19th round and Brock has much more upside, better power, arm, speed, size. Not even close. He might be a better defensive catcher at this point, than Lucroy, who will tell you he did not become a solid defensive catcher until he went to pro ball.

Osborne had 2 HR last year. Brock had 7 in 2022. Osborne was on fire the whole season. Brock just the last half, so OB% and SLG% goes to Osborne.

Osborne led the league last year in caught stealing with 19. Brock threw out 24 and picked off 6.

A lot of the list data is based on last season and Julian was blocked last year by Drake.

That's what I see, but I could be 180 degrees wrong and have been.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information