Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns baseball players could be selected in 2022 MLB Draft

Default Re: Which Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns baseball players could be selected in 2022 MLB Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Chipper menard and Bobby Lada
    I am not sure that Lada is an next level player.

Default Re: Which Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns baseball players could be selected in 2022 MLB Draft

If Brock is picked in rounds 8-12….what do you think he will do?

Quote Originally Posted by RacecaR View Post
    I am not sure that Lada is an next level player.
    I dont think he has the tools or consistency from what ive seen to be a big leaguer. He could possibly be a minor league talent for a few years.

4. Default Re: Which Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns baseball players could be selected in 2022 MLB Draft

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    I dont think he has the tools or consistency from what ive seen to be a big leaguer. He could possibly be a minor league talent for a few years.
    Stop it right there, look I like Bobby and he has some talent but you are talking about a kid that is a career .254 hitter, with an OBA% of .312 and a fielding % of .924.

Bobby, unless he really steps it up next year for whomever he is playing for in college will not be playing in the minor or major leagues.

He was a platoon player with at 2nd Base with C.J. Willis, Jonathan Brandon and Warner Raccones.

Willis who is a very good dugout guy and fantastic utility player.
    Brandon who is a 1st basemen by trade, but played some 2nd.
    Raccones who has high level defensive skills, but struggled at the plate this year.

If he could not beat out those guys for a starting roll on this team, I don't see him playing at the next level.

It was a joke guys

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Top 10 rounds. Osborne was 19th round and Brock has much more upside, better power, arm, speed, size. Not even close. He might be a better defensive catcher at this point, than Lucroy, who will tell you he did not become a solid defensive catcher until he went to pro ball.

Osborne had 2 HR last year. Brock had 7 in 2022. Osborne was on fire the whole season. Brock just the last half, so OB% and SLG% goes to Osborne.

Osborne led the league last year in caught stealing with 19. Brock threw out 24 and picked off 6.

That's what I see, but I could be 180 degrees wrong and have been.
    I'm not suggesting he won't be Dave. I'm just not certain. But I do know that he has projectable power and a good arm. And he did hit for average this year, so how much ceiling he has, it the question.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Stop it right there, look I like Bobby and he has some talent but you are talking about a kid that is a career .254 hitter, with an OBA% of .312 and a fielding % of .924.

Bobby, unless he really steps it up next year for whomever he is playing for in college will not be playing in the minor or major leagues.

He was a platoon player with at 2nd Base with C.J. Willis, Jonathan Brandon and Warner Raccones.

Raccones who has high level defensive skills, but struggled at the plate this year.

If he could not beat out those guys for a starting roll on this team, I don't see him playing at the next level.
    This right here.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I'm not suggesting he won't be Dave. I'm just not certain. But I do know that he has projectable power and a good arm. And he did hit for average this year, so how much ceiling he has, it the question.
    I think somebody throws $150k plus at him to find out. He is durable, a worker and strong teammate.

every time I read about how the fan base of UL is sophisticated and understand baseball I read a thread like this one Brock and Tyler have a chance-- Brock could have the better chance between the two. Some of the players some are discussing can't play except maybe in the SWAC

10. Default Re: Which Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns baseball players could be selected in 2022 MLB Draft

Quote Originally Posted by laf1049 View Post
    every time I read about how the fan base of UL is sophisticated and understand baseball I read a thread like this one Brock and Tyler have a chance-- Brock could have the better chance between the two. Some of the players some are discussing can't play except maybe in the SWAC
    M$M was obviously joking buddy. No reason to start lobbing molotovs…

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    M$M was obviously joking buddy. No reason to start lobbing molotovs…
    Be quiet Matt, your not sophisticated enough!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post

My suggestion was he MIGHT be a minor league guy at best. He has not been consistent enough to win a job here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information