Thread: Ragin' Cajuns, Campbell Earn Top Billing in All-Louisiana Softball Awards

1. UL Softball Ragin' Cajuns, Campbell Earn Top Billing in All-Louisiana Softball Awards

Jourdyn Campbell was named Hitter and Newcomer of the Year and the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Softball team had nine total representatives on the 2022 Louisiana Sports Writers Association (LSWA) All-Louisiana collegiate softball team, the organization announced on Thursday (June 23).

2. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns, Campbell Earn Top Billing in All-Louisiana Softball Awards

Jourdyn won 2 of the 4 major awards by the LA Sports Writers. She did the same thing with the Sun Belt Awards; Newcomer of the Year and First Team All Conference. She is going to do even better in 2023. Get your tickets to the BIG SHOW at Lamson.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns, Campbell Earn Top Billing in All-Louisiana Softball Awards

Quote Originally Posted by Looney Lou View Post
    Jourdyn won 2 of the 4 major awards by the LA Sports Writers. She did the same thing with the Sun Belt Awards; Newcomer of the Year and First Team All Conference. She is going to do even better in 2023. Get your tickets to the BIG SHOW at Lamson.
    Only one pitcher hit 70 last year. You said we would have 4 hitting 72. Will this be the year it happens?

4. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns, Campbell Earn Top Billing in All-Louisiana Softball Awards

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Only one pitcher hit 70 last year. You said we would have 4 hitting 72. Will this be the year it happens?
    Karly hit 70 in the Fall, Kandra, Meghan and Sam hit 70 during the season, each, at least once, that I saw. If I said 72, I was grievously mistaken. I should have said 70. Mea coupa! Will it happen in 2023? I don't think 72 mph is realistic for our particular pitchers. This next season, they will have more control of the pitches in their arsenal and will not need to be speedy. I am impressed that you remembered my post from ages ago.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns, Campbell Earn Top Billing in All-Louisiana Softball Awards

Quote Originally Posted by Looney Lou View Post
    Karly hit 70 in the Fall, Kandra, Meghan and Sam hit 70 during the season, each, at least once, that I saw. If I said 72, I was grievously mistaken. I should have said 70. Mea coupa! Will it happen in 2023? I don't think 72 mph is realistic for our particular pitchers. This next season, they will have more control of the pitches in their arsenal and will not need to be speedy. I am impressed that you remembered my post from ages ago.
    Kandra and Meghan never hit 70.

Thread Information