Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Arch Manning to........

  1. #1

    UL Football Arch Manning to........


  2. #2

    Default Re: Arch Manning to........

    NIL is going to be very good to Texas


  3. #3

    Default Re: Arch Manning to........

    Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    NIL is going to be very good to Texas
    They have been paying players and it hadnít worked, money isnít their problemÖthe culture is.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Arch Manning to........

    The SEC is getting SEC ed with all this NIL.


  5. #5
    Policarp's Avatar Policarp is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: Arch Manning to........

    Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    NIL is going to be very good to Texas
    Texas and TAMU will each have player NIL payrolls higher than NFL teams very soon. It will be spread over a larger roster but the $$$$ will easily be enormous. NFL typically has one primary owner per team and this person is in it to make money.


    UT and TAMU each have thousands of active alumni worth $25+ million. Each have multiple active billionaire supporters.....they will outbid anyone in a head to head NIL negotiation.

    Another to watch for massive NIL deals.....USC has near unlimited alumni $$$ resources as well.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Arch Manning to........

    Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Texas and TAMU will each have player NIL payrolls higher than NFL teams very soon. It will be spread over a larger roster but the $$$$ will easily be enormous. NFL typically has one primary owner per team and this person is in it to make money.


    UT and TAMU each have thousands of active alumni worth $25+ million. Each have multiple active billionaire supporters.....they will outbid anyone in a head to head NIL negotiation.

    Another to watch for massive NIL deals.....USC has near unlimited alumni $$$ resources as well.
    I wonder how long it will last? Will it collapse under it's own weight? The NCAA reverses itself (not going to happen). The haves separate from the have nots? Will schools like Vanderbilt or Kentucky be forced out of the SEC because they just can't compete money wise.

    Hypothetical situation.. If a new conference is being formed from scratch would Vanderbilt, Kentucky or even Mississippi State or Ole Miss fit the criteria for the SEC? I dunno

  7. #7

    Default Re: Arch Manning to........

    Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Texas and TAMU will each have player NIL payrolls higher than NFL teams very soon. It will be spread over a larger roster but the $$$$ will easily be enormous. NFL typically has one primary owner per team and this person is in it to make money.


    UT and TAMU each have thousands of active alumni worth $25+ million. Each have multiple active billionaire supporters.....they will outbid anyone in a head to head NIL negotiation.

    Another to watch for massive NIL deals.....USC has near unlimited alumni $$$ resources as well.
    To get a sense of the scale of money:

    Texas endowment: 42.9 billion
    aTm endowment: 18 billion
    LSU endowment: 696 million

    LSU and some other SEC schools are closer to us in true wealth. I understand the endowment is not paying the NIL....but the same people who created the endowment will be. This gives you an idea of the relative wealth of the donors etc....

    NIL will blow up everything we know about major college athletics.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Arch Manning to........

    And it came from the Supreme Court of the United States of America so it really can't be fixed.

    Hey, why should these athletes be deprived from the living the American dream?

    Its capitalism.

    The cream rises to the top.

    CajunVic

  9. #9

    Default Re: Arch Manning to........

    Lspoop and eventually the same types won't compete with transfer of wealth.. their cries will go unnoticed especially since they been doing the bag man scheme on smaller scale


  10. #10

    Default Re: Arch Manning to........

    I wonder if this is intended by the NCAA. I guess the days of the student athlete are over


  11. #11

    Default Re: Arch Manning to........

    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I wonder if this is intended by the NCAA. I guess the days of the student athlete are over
    There is nothing to guess, the NCAA has a become semi-pro development league.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Arch Manning to........

    I don't see how this is sustainable long term


  13. #13
    ULGrad@HOU is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: Arch Manning to........

    I think Texas will be a great place for Arch. It's a good choice for him to succeed and make his own legacy. It's going to be exciting to watch his college career and I think he will be great there.


  14. #14

    Default Re: Arch Manning to........

    Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    The SEC is getting SEC ed with all this NIL.
    Wonít Texas be in the SEC by the time Manning is the starter?

    Also, how much does NIL weigh for someone coming from a family like the Mannings, vs playing at a high profile, soon to be at least SEC program with a coach who can be a great offensive mind if he can keep his personal stuff in line?

  15. #15

    Default Re: Arch Manning to........

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Won’t Texas be in the SEC by the time Manning is the starter?

    Also, how much does NIL weigh for someone coming from a family like the Mannings, vs playing at a high profile, soon to be at least SEC program with a coach who can be a great offensive mind if he can keep his personal stuff in line?
    This definitely wasn't an NIL deal, he doesn't need the money. But their money will help build a roster around him for the next few years. Texas doesn't have the talent of Alabama, Georgia or even Texas A&M right now.

    I'm not surprised by his decision because he avoids trying to live down the legacy of his grandfather and uncles playing at Ole Miss and Tennessee. And his decision makes it easier for the family to tolerate, unlike LSU, Alabama or Georgia. He made the best decision for himself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 16 users browsing this thread. (5 members and 11 guests)

  1. Lafitte the Pirate,
  2. Cajun90,
  3. JamesTheJeweler,
  4. shof,
  5. RedBug58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •