Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Arch Manning to........

Default Re: Arch Manning to........

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    And it came from the Supreme Court of the United States of America so it really can't be fixed.

Hey, why should these athletes be deprived from the living the American dream?

Its capitalism.

The cream rises to the top.
    I guess we need to start paying high school athletes then, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I think Texas will be a great place for Arch. It's a good choice for him to succeed and make his own legacy. It's going to be exciting to watch his college career and I think he will be great there.
    The QB race at Texas will be interesting. Last year's top QB signed with Ohio State for $1M, then when the state of Texas approved NIL, he transferred to UT. And UT announced giving $50,000 to each O Lineman. This is just buying players and this whole thing needs some kind of regulation, not to mention the immediate transfer rule.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    The QB race at Texas will be interesting. Last year's top QB signed with Ohio State for $1M, then when the state of Texas approved NIL, he transferred to UT. And UT announced giving $50,000 to each O Lineman. This is just buying players and this whole thing needs some kind of regulation, not to mention the immediate transfer rule.
    Texas needs a player like Arch. Arch will thrive at Texas. I like it, because I'm a die hard Saints fan (since Archie Manning days) and I will get to see and hear about Arch taking Texas back to where they want to be, on top of the college football rankings. It's going to be fun. I wish Arch the best.
    I want to add, that we (UL) should have beaten Texas this year, they were beatable. If we had any kind of passing game, we would have been competitive. We didn't and we weren't. It was all Texas. I've been saying for years, we need an excellent passing game to beat better talented teams. I hope Des can bring this to the Cajuns. Until that happens, we will only beat G5 teams. 1 game against Iowa State, does not make us capable, and remember we had some great passes in that game. We could not sustain that kind of offense. It was more of a fluke. We need consistency in the passing game.

I’ve seen Arch Manning play in person twice over the last two years. And two other times on TV.

I’m by no means saying he’s not a talented kid, but I will say that if his last name was Smith or Jones and not Manning, he wouldn’t be anywhere close to rated as high as he is. He’s the #1 overall recruit in the country for the class of 2023, and I’m not sure he’s in the top 2 QBs in the Louisiana class of 2023. Alabama commit Eli Holstein (Zachary) and Purdue commit Rickie Weeks (Woodlawn-BR) are better players in my opinion.

I hope for the best for Manning, but the hype that he’s had has been completely unfair. But again, with that last name, the good comes with the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    I’ve seen Arch Manning play in person twice over the last two years. And two other times on TV.

I’m by no means saying he’s not a talented kid, but I will say that if his last name was Smith or Jones and not Manning, he wouldn’t be anywhere close to rated as high as he is. He’s the #1 overall recruit in the country for the class of 2023, and I’m not sure he’s in the top 2 QBs in the Louisiana class of 2023. Alabama commit Eli Holstein (Zachary) and Purdue commit Rickie Weeks (Woodlawn-BR) are better players in my opinion.

I hope for the best for Manning, but the hype that he’s had has been completely unfair. But again, with that last name, the good comes with the bad.
    We will see in due time.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    This definitely wasn't an NIL deal, he doesn't need the money. But their money will help build a roster around him for the next few years. Texas doesn't have the talent of Alabama, Georgia or even Texas A&M right now.

I'm not surprised by his decision because he avoids trying to live down the legacy of his grandfather and uncles playing at Ole Miss and Tennessee. And his decision makes it easier for the family to tolerate, unlike LSU, Alabama or Georgia. He made the best decision for himself.
    I don't care how much money he or his family has, the paycheck is always a significant part of any decision.

Arch Manning will bring as much, if not more, mental talent and work ethic to Texas as he will physical talent. That’s what will make him successful, just like his uncles.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Arch Manning will bring as much, if not more, mental talent and work ethic to Texas as he will physical talent. That’s what will make him successful, just like his uncles.
    This is what people who are discounting him are missing. I have not seen him play but the mental aspect is what set Payton... and to a degree Eli... apart.... Those talented kids mentioned may or may not develop this ability

9. Default Re: Arch Manning to........

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I guess we need to start paying high school athletes then, right?
    There is no reason why the Supreme Court opinion and its analysis should not apply to high school athletes.

I like it.

Another manning that will never win a college championship.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    I like it.

Another manning that will never win a college championship.
    Four Super Bowl rings, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    There is no reason why the Supreme Court opinion and its analysis should not apply to high school athletes.
    Cool. So all high school athletes should be paid. Every sport, boys and girls. And if you pay high school, then you gotta pay middle school athletes as well. Sure, sounds reasonable.

13. Default Re: Arch Manning to........

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Cool. So all high school athletes should be paid. Every sport, boys and girls. And if you pay high school, then you gotta pay middle school athletes as well. Sure, sounds reasonable.
    I never said you have to pay them, however it seems highly likely that there can be no prohibition against it.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post

Is that Rickie Weeks Jr?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Four Super Bowl rings, though.
    Bingo!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information