Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Greatest Moments in RP History

Default Re: Greatest Moments in RP History

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I had it bookmarked before the thread. I see a plane in the sky, note it's direction look in flight aware and can find out where it's been and where it's going. Crazy huh? It's just my curiosity.
    Doing that right now sitting with a cold one in the pasture. I've come to love simple and boring

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    Doing that right now sitting with a cold one in the pasture. I've come to love simple and boring
    One Saturday afternoon I was working in my back yard and heard a rumbling overhead. I looked up and saw a 4 engine plane heading northeast. I was curious and looked it up. It was an Emerates A380 headed to Dubai from Houston. My first thought was they have a long flight. My second thought was it's amazing that I could find that out with such ease. It was at 20000 feet but a clear day and could easily see the 4 engines.

Oh yeah simple is good,. Very good.

One Saturday afternoon I was working in my back yard and heard a rumbling overhead. I looked up and saw a 4 engine plane heading northeast. I was curious and looked it up. It was an Emerates A380 headed to Dubai from Houston. My first thought was they have a long flight. My second thought was it's amazing that I could find that out with such ease. It was at 20000 feet but a clear day and could easily see the 4 engines.

Something about seeing 300 people overhead stuck in a tube for the next 14 hours can really make us appreciate where we are. ��

Chris Masson’s uncle threatening posters who talked bad about Chris and saying we had false Cajun bravado.

Tech blunders…”lost” mascot but especially the “better bowl” fiasco.

Iowa State, being ranked, and even being on the CFP list (abet no real chance) is a high benchmark to try to topple.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    The night and mostly the next couple of days after our 1st bowl win was as strong of a collective feel good as it gets.

Not quite the same but close after stomping ranked Iowa State on the road........then soon after being ranked for the 1st time since Odysseus started his Odyssey. Honestly never thought I'd witness this in my lifetime.
    Surprised no one has mentioned the discussion during the FB conference championship game last December. I think that victory is the most significant of all the Cajun wins in my lifetime. It allowed us to do something that had not occurred since the 60's. Despite our many successes, none are as noteworthy as that day. The victory allowed us to earn our first outright championship as an FBS institution in the premier NCAA sport. Perhaps it is too recent for us to truly appreciate it.

I've been on that flight a couple of times. First class on one occasion when they offered an incredibly low upgrade offer from business. Once in a lifetime experience for sure. They have a full sit down bar and bathrooms with showers.

8. Default Re: Greatest Moments in RP History

When the social club ____ed on Matt’s driveway because they did not agree with him!!

9. Default Re: Greatest Moments in RP History

Any thread while Levi Lewis was undisputedly successful playing QB at Louisiana.

un·dis·put·ed·ly
    [ˌəndiˈspyo͞odədlē]
    ADVERB
    without question; certainly:
    "he was undisputedly the best quarterback at Louisiana"

10. Default Re: Greatest Moments in RP History

How about the ex Tech AD who bad mouth UL about how great CUSA is and how UL need to up its standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte the Pirate View Post
    How about the ex Tech AD who bad mouth UL about how great CUSA is and how UL need to up its standards.
    You mean this guy?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The 2011 New Orleans Bowl Game Day thread was epic.

https://forumeus.com/showthread.php/...-(32)-SDSU-(30)
    I was at that game! Me and my Dad stayed until the end while the rest of my family left early! I still remember my dad jumping up and down after they won. Good memories!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    C4L dropping the bomb that ultimately lead to Schultz openly questioning Farmer (Farmer watch) while he was “in Alaska” and dodging the media and investors asking questions..

That thread contributed to Farmer’s “demotion”, for anyone who didn’t follow it..
    This….. it was nuts

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    This….. it was nuts
    Somehow, I don't recall this glorious event

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information