Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Portal Pitcher

Default Re: Baseball Portal Pitcher

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Go kick rocks dude. We knew before the posting and my sources don't come on this page.
    Can you be any more of a twat

Even being someone who thinks the JMV hate gets out of hand here, I’ve gotta say: Please knock it off dude. When you run around saying, “I know something you don’t know” every day, people’s dislike is not jealousy based. It’s just annoying behavior. It almost feels like trolling at this point. Lay off it.

This thread is exactly why NIL is running college sports: adults from outside the athletic complexes needing to feel important.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    This thread is exactly why NIL is running college sports: adults from outside the athletic complexes needing to feel important.
    This is rampant....from tee-ball through high school prom....adults making everything about them and trying desperately to live vicariously through kids. I just had one kid finish high school and another is in, and parents are RIDICULOUS.

If you think the adults outside the complex is why the NIL is running college sports, your partially right, but also naive as well. Those same people were buying athletes under the table for years. Inside the complex, administrations had no problem with allowing athletes to get income from the NIL and stipends. So, if you believe athletes were being taken advantage of and should receive some income from the millions of dollars made off the games they play, then don't complain about the NIL.

Also, these same administrators and presidents that claim education is important and making sure athletes get their degrees, or nothing more than greedy hypocrites. They are chasing the revenue from television rights and are the forces behind the creation of super conferences.

The Big 10 reaching out to the Los Angeles Market for USC and UCLA is no coincidence. There is speculation that after 2025 the new Big 10 television rights could net each member upwards of $100M per program. You think that decision was driven just by the networks, and the presidents are playing no role in these decisions? The greed of college presidents in these super conferences supersedes the interest of their athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Even being someone who thinks the JMV hate gets out of hand here, I’ve gotta say: Please knock it off dude. When you run around saying, “I know something you don’t know” every day, people’s dislike is not jealousy based. It’s just annoying behavior. It almost feels like trolling at this point. Lay off it.
    Even when I provide information folks don't believe me until they see that I am correct and then they disappear and the board goes into cricket mode. Have a good day Zeppelin.

Even when I provide information folks don't believe me until they see that I am correct and then they disappear and the board goes into cricket mode. Have a good day Zeppelin.
    Please give more than one example of when you were correct. I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Please give more than one example of when you were correct. I'll wait.
    Big news in April
    Morris leaving to go to Ole Miss

Big news in April
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    If you think the adults outside the complex is why the NIL is running college sports, your partially right, but also naive as well. Those same people were buying athletes under the table for years. Inside the complex, administrations had no problem with allowing athletes to get income from the NIL and stipends. So, if you believe athletes were being taken advantage of and should receive some income from the millions of dollars made off the games they play, then don't complain about the NIL.
    I do not believe athletes were being taken advantage of prior to NIL. It drives me nuts when people (not suggesting you are doing this) say athletes weren't taken care of before NIL. I would love to see side by side comparison on scholarship athletes:

career earnings for athletes who finished school w/a degree vs career earnings for athletes who did not

I'd pretty much go all-in that athletes who took their scholarship seriously were paid dividends the rest of their life - not just 2-3 years of payment for a couple of years of production.

Also, these same administrators and presidents that claim education is important and making sure athletes get their degrees, or nothing more than greedy hypocrites. They are chasing the revenue from television rights and are the forces behind the creation of super conferences.

The Big 10 reaching out to the Los Angeles Market for USC and UCLA is no coincidence. There is speculation that after 2025 the new Big 10 television rights could net each member upwards of $100M per program. You think that decision was driven just by the networks, and the presidents are playing no role in these decisions? The greed of college presidents in these super conferences supersedes the interest of their athletes.
    Fair point. But would you rather your university president fight for that revenue or let the TV networks keep all of that money? I'm not an expert in that field, but I'd have to imagine that money is going in someones pocket - might as well go to the schools who are demanding the viewership.

I do not believe athletes were being taken advantage of prior to NIL. It drives me nuts when people (not suggesting you are doing this) say athletes weren't taken care of before NIL. I would love to see side by side comparison on scholarship athletes:

career earnings for athletes who finished school w/a degree vs career earnings for athletes who did not

I'd pretty much go all-in that athletes who took their scholarship seriously were paid dividends the rest of their life - not just 2-3 years of payment for a couple of years of production.

Fair point. But would you rather your university president fight for that revenue or let the TV networks keep all of that money? I'm not an expert in that field, but I'd have to imagine that money is going in someones pocket - might as well go to the schools who are demanding the viewership.
    I would rather my president stop referring to his athletes, as Student-Athletes under false pretenses. The cost of scholarship, housing, tuitions, medical treatments and nutrition have a monetary value. By adding in a stipend and the NIL, the are now receiving income above that monetary value. They are semi-professonal athletes.

Big news in April
    you may be one of the most self-important people on the internet. that's impressive.

Durke to Rice. Can’t believe he passed up the 38 SEC offers

What I think is a joke and very hypocritical is the fact that when you hear ANYONe associated with any school, conference or the NCAA talk about the athletes, they always say STUDENT ATHLETE. I guess they are trying to convince the audience that education is still what’s more important, rather than the money!

Quote Originally Posted by seehard View Post
    you may be one of the most self-important people on the internet. that's impressive.
    He asked for examples and that is what he got.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information