Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ticket sales

Default Re: Ticket sales

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Who is “so say” ? And what is the bar for season ticket sales?10k? 15k?
    Anything under 10k

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstandza View Post
    We couldn't sell tickets with one of the best coaches in college football and 2 straight top 16 seasons. Not sure why anyone would think ticket sales would be better.
    Those 2 seasons were among the most bizarre ever, pandemic panic was driving everything. Add on to that, losing that successful coach and not knowing what we are getting with an inexperienced Head Coach is setting up more of a wait and see attitude. Excitement will come if the program generates it.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Who is “so say” ? And what is the bar for season ticket sales?10k? 15k?
    Ticket office.

I got 4

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I got 4
    I got 2!

6. Default Re: Ticket sales

I bought five. However, I expect little change in attendance: 15-25k. Unless and until we improve our home football schedule, I don’t see us eclipsing those attending figures.

I have 4.

Win and they will come like last year towards the end of the season and the SBC championship. Bad thing is yet again the home game slate is terrible.

However 2023 should be a better home slate. Possibly Coastal, App St, USM, Marshall at Cajunfield.

9. Default Re: Ticket sales

I just don’t know how much interest that schedule will generate to the “average” fan. You’ll have 10-15k diehards like us there every week but we need another 15k to fill the stands too.

It would help if we actually had people on the payroll trying to sell & market them.

The big problem with our season tickets is that there’s really no added value in buying them.

The tried and true reason you buy season tickets is to make sure you’ve got a good place to park your butt in the stadium. But our stadium is so massive that there’s no need to lock down a seat. With few exceptions you can walk up day of game and sit down in a good seat with a good view. When we finally renovate, I think the reduced capacity will definitely help our season ticket sales.

But besides that, there are lots of ways UL can create value in buying them. For example, I get constant emails and even phone calls from the Pelicans trying to sell me tickets. And while I obviously have no use for them here in Lafayette, they have a convincing sales pitch. When you buy a Pels season ticket you get hundreds of dollars worth of free merch and food/beverage credits, you get invited to special events, you get access to a free pregame beer garden, etc. So if you’re a Pels fan who wants to go to most of the games, all that added value (which doesn’t cost the Pels much at all) makes buying season tickets worth it.

I think the easiest way to promote buying season tickets is to make the cost less than the sum of individual game tickets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information