Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Big DT coming to UL camp

UL Football Big DT coming to UL camp

My grandson I have been raising was invited to the UL lineman camp Saturday the 18th by UL Dline coach after seeing him another camp last week. DT 6’2” 310 lbs. 1st team all district 1-4A 2021, 1st team all area north west La 2021. Making cover of Louisiana Football Magazine North Edition.

Hoping to get that scholarship offer he has been hoping to get. He already has offers from Friendly University, Air Force Academy, West Point Academy, Annapolis Naval Academy, Lamar, Southern Arkansas, Grambling and Northwestern.

UL has been one of his dream schools. I don’t see many schools that could beat UL in recruiting him.
    His name is Makhi Reed. Minden High.
    Wish him luck!!

http://www.hudl.com/v/2GMjbd

Default Re: Big DT coming to UL camp

Not my grandson, just copied and pasted FB post

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    My grandson I have been raising was invited to the UL lineman camp Saturday the 18th by UL Dline coach after seeing him another camp last week. DT 6’2” 310 lbs. 1st team all district 1-4A 2021, 1st team all area north west La 2021. Making cover of Louisiana Football Magazine North Edition.

Hoping to get that scholarship offer he has been hoping to get. He already has offers from Friendly University, Air Force Academy, West Point Academy, Annapolis Naval Academy, Lamar, Southern Arkansas, Grambling and Northwestern.

UL has been one of his dream schools. I don’t see many schools that could beat UL in recruiting him.
    Wish him luck!!

The list of service academies are impressive. He must be a really good student

BeauCajun told me about this kid a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    The list of service academies are impressive. He must be a really good student
    Any kid with offers from the service academies is a kid I want in a Cajuns uniform.

Wish him luck!!

The question is where does he fit on the interior of the DL? In watching his video, he's similar to Hutchinson, Wiser and Hazard. He's a 3 tech in our current scheme, Lawson and Wilkerson are 5 techs. It seems we are thinner at that position right now when it comes to underclassmen. Sometimes it's not if a prospect is good enough to play in your program, but where does he fit on your board.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The question is where does he fit on the interior of the DL? In watching his video, he's similar to Hutchinson, Wiser and Hazard. He's a 3 tech in our current scheme, Lawson and Wilkerson are 5 techs. It seems we are thinner at that position right now when it comes to underclassmen. Sometimes it's not if a prospect is good enough to play in your program, but where does he fit on your board.
    I see what you mean, but Hutchinson is an injury waiting to happen as has been the case the last 2 seasons. Have no idea what Wiser can do...Redshirt him and by then the position may open to him to be in the rotation.

I see what you mean, but Hutchinson is an injury waiting to happen as has been the case the last 2 seasons. Have no idea what Wiser can do...Redshirt him and by then the position may open to him to be in the rotation.

Defense is our strong point… especially early on this season so people need not to fret if the offense does not light it up the first few games… it will take a little time to build some rhythm.

They may well sign him, I have no idea. I just wanted to mention that there are always other factors involved when making decisions before someone complains if he is not offered. My gut is they will sign a larger group of D-Linemen this class.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    BeauCajun told me about this kid a while back.
    Yep. They came tailgate with us a couple times this year. Nice young man that I hope UL offers. His primary recruiter left with Napier and his position coach. It’s been tough getting him back on the radar.

We are also recruiting the RB from Minden. They are both in Lafayette today.

The follow up from FB post
    Makhi Reed had a great camp. Afterwards the Dline coach asked to meet us. He has Makhi and us along with an edge rusher in his position room for over an hour. No offer. He wants to see more film from the first games this year.

Said he is allowed to take 5 linemen this year but that amount always changes as the year progresses. Said he will take a Nose Tackle and the rest edge rushers. And projects Makhi as a Nose Guard. His Sarting Nose Guard is SR this year. He has to bring one in.

His assistant DLine coach was just loving all up on Makhi about his camp performance and his JR film. It was a good meeting and enjoyed the coaches openness.

Now it’s prepare for the up coming season.

Thanks for all the love and support here. Very much appreciated !!!

The follow up from FB post
    Makhi Reed had a great camp. Afterwards the Dline coach asked to meet us. He has Makhi and us along with an edge rusher in his position room for over an hour. No offer. He wants to see more film from the first games this year.

Said he is allowed to take 5 linemen this year but that amount always changes as the year progresses. Said he will take a Nose Tackle and the rest edge rushers. And projects Makhi as a Nose Guard. His Sarting Nose Guard is SR this year. He has to bring one in.

His assistant DLine coach was just loving all up on Makhi about his camp performance and his JR film. It was a good meeting and enjoyed the coaches openness.

Now it’s prepare for the up coming season.

Thanks for all the love and support here. Very much appreciated !!!
    Thanks for posting the father's comments. It gives fans insight on how recruiting works and the process that athletes go throw in search of offers. It verifies what I watched on his film, big strong kid that is similar to Hutchinson, Wiser and Hazard.

Just a little more info on Makhi Reed. He has also camped/unofficial visits to Tulane, Memphis, Mississippi State and LSUBR. Memphis and MSU are pushing for him to play the OL. He did some 2 way this past season when Minden had injuries on the OL. He’s also still young at 17.

His grandfather and I text each other pretty often on the whole recruiting process. The young man has come a long way since his grandparents adopted him.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Just a little more info on Makhi Reed. He has also camped/unofficial visits to Tulane, Memphis, Mississippi State and LSUBR. Memphis and MSU are pushing for him to play the OL. He did some 2 way this past season when Minden had injuries on the OL. He’s also still young at 17.

His grandfather and I text each other pretty often on the whole recruiting process. The young man has come a long way since his grandparents adopted him.
    I believe he may have also camped at Florida?

Good news from the camp! One good way to fight money vultures is to sign kids that love our university!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information