Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: 2003-04 Lady Cajun's Basketball

1. Default

Women to meet WKU again

LOUISIANA La. — J. Kelley Hall is trying something different this week.

Hall’s LAdy Cajuns of Louisiana got back to work on Wednesday, gearing up for Sunday’s quarterfinal matchup with host Western Kentucky in the Sun Belt Conference Basketball Tournament in Bowling Green.

The LAdy Cajuns had been off since losing to Arkansas-Little Rock 62-46 in last Saturday’s regular season finale on the road, and Hall felt it was time for a break.

“I’ve never given a team three days off before,” said Hall, whose team is 13-14 and finished tied for second place in the Sun Belt’s Western Division.

“I think we needed some rest. Plus, the ones who are going to play are in shape, anyway.”

Junior forward Anna Petrakova was one who benefited from the time off after spraining her foot last Thursday at Arkansas State.

“It’s been a long season, and this gave us a chance to relax and get ourselves back together,” Petrakova said. “I know it helped me with my foot.”

“Anna had a severe ankle sprain last summer playing for the Russian national team,” Hall said. “This injury is more with the arch of the foot than a typical sprain. We’ve got the swelling out now.”

Petrakova, who is expected to be among the top honorees when the All-Sun Belt Team is announced today, will be the focal point for the Cajuns as they try to earn a first-ever victory in the Sun Belt Tournament.

She and senior post standout Tiffany Washington were keys when UL defeated WKU 80-72 at Long Gym earlier this season, snapping a string of 26 straight wins in the series by the Lady Toppers, and they’re sure to be busy again on Sunday.

The rest of the story

Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com

2. Default

Suddenly it looks like the LAdy Cajuns pulled the toughest matchup.

UL Basketball

So far only the bottom seeds are winning.

Mid Tenns Got a 16 point lead with under 9 to go. Its pretty safe to chalk them up as a winner over North Texas.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information