Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Running Backs

1. Default Re: Running Backs

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Didn’t Hud become lax and things started slipping?
    Yes.

However, I think it is premature to judge MD's overall style and intensity with only offseason information.

Default Re: Running Backs

Didn’t Hud become lax and things started slipping?
    His greatest sin was bringing in other program's former problems like Delvin Jones and Tig Barksdale in the name of winning. He poisoned his own locker room culture and ____ed off his Strength and Condition coach.

I trust Coach Des to know what these type of players look like, and I wish some people on this board would give him the chance to prove himself and stop poisoning the water well before that season even begins.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    His greatest sin was bringing in other program's former problems like Delvin Jones and Tig Barksdale in the name of winning. He poisoned his own locker room culture and ____ed off his Strength and Condition coach.

I trust Coach Des to know what these type of players look like, and I wish some people on this board would give him the chance to prove himself and stop poisoning the water well before that season even begins.
    Agreed. Dez has his own style.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I still say Bailey was our best RB on the team....hands down.
    I totally agree.

I’m with you on that point, I’m in his corner. At the same time, I’m not looking at ANY coach thru vermilion colored glasses.

We have two “local boys” already, and excuses abound for both.

Des is set for success, it’s the right schedule for his first year.

I wonder if CFB is going the way of the NFL, where the RB position is a multi-player job. Don't get me wrong, I think Bailey and Johnson are very talented, but at the same time, it seems like the RB position, in general, is the easiest position to backfill over time.

Really my biggest worry at QB and RB this season is turnovers. LL was stingy with turnovers and for as many touches as our RBs got, the ball just didn't touch the ground that much. I feel confident we can approach the YPC at the position, but am skeptical on the TO's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I wonder if CFB is going the way of the NFL, where the RB position is a multi-player job. Don't get me wrong, I think Bailey and Johnson are very talented, but at the same time, it seems like the RB position, in general, is the easiest position to backfill over time.

Really my biggest worry at QB and RB this season is turnovers. LL was stingy with turnovers and for as many touches as our RBs got, the ball just didn't touch the ground that much. I feel confident we can approach the YPC at the position, but am skeptical on the TO's.
    The RB position is definitely at least a 3 man rotation this day in age.

I agree. I for one thinks play calling will improve this year under Des, Leger and Munoz. Just gut feeling.

9. Default Re: Running Backs

Ditto

10. Default Re: Running Backs

Turnovers are every coaches potential Waterloo. CBN protected them almost to a fault. The reward sometimes outweighs the risk. What’s his “money” slogan?

11. Default Re: Running Backs

Quote Originally Posted by Skinnycajun View Post
    Turnovers are every coaches potential Waterloo. CBN protected them almost to a fault. The reward sometimes outweighs the risk. What’s his “money” slogan?

Hmmm? Dunno…you might want to contact a Florida fan.

I’m with you on that point, I’m in his corner. At the same time, I’m not looking at ANY coach thru vermilion colored glasses.

We have two “local boys” already, and excuses abound for both.

Des is set for success, it’s the right schedule for his first year.
    I can assure you, I'm not viewing Coach Des and his staff through red colored glasses. I projected an 8 win regular season. That's hardly a red colored view. But, what I won't do is criticise him and his staff before one down of football has been played. There will be ample opportunity for discussion and analysis once the season begins.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread Information