Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Running Backs

Default Re: Running Backs

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    You're getting crap about leaving out the "h" in Johnson.

Glass houses, guys.

I'm hoping Dre'lyn Washington is a Bailey clone.

I don't know if Kibodi is gonna do it. I hope so, but he transferred in after a little bounding around, switched positions, and then moved back to running back when it looked like we might be thin at RB. And he is a senior, so we would need to replace him real soon anyway.

Jackson was here last summer, didn't make it through preseason training and has come back for another try. Again, great measurables, but how much of the "want to" is there.

The kid from Lamar may be stout, but 3.2 yards a carry at that level doesn't instill confidence in me.

Elijah Davis might be our highest rated recruit ever when it is said and done, but he is a year away.

I think we'll be ok at RB but I don't think we say "no" when opportunity knocks.

For comparison, I think we have at least four quarterbacks who, in the next two years, could be in the conversation as a starter. I think this room is a bit more crowded than the running back room.
    If they don’t know who I was referring to it shows you how much Cajuns football they watched last year.

Glass houses, guys.

I don't know if Kibodi is gonna do it. I hope so, but he transferred in after a little bounding around, switched positions, and then moved back to running back when it looked like we might be thin at RB. And he is a senior, so we would need to replace him real soon anyway.

Jackson was here last summer, didn't make it through preseason training and has come back for another try. Again, great measurables, but how much of the "want to" is there.

The kid from Lamar may be stout, but 3.2 yards a carry at that level doesn't instill confidence in me.

Elijah Davis might be our highest rated recruit ever when it is said and done, but he is a year away.

I think we'll be ok at RB but I don't think we say "no" when opportunity knocks.

For comparison, I think we have at least four quarterbacks who, in the next two years, could be in the conversation as a starter. I think this room is a bit more crowded than the running back room.
    Maybe Jackson will be able to make it this year with a coach that goes easier on them in place now?

T, is Chris Smith a senior? He is listed on the roster as a junior. I would assume he probably will be graduating this year, but won't he have a year of eligibility left?

KK, not doubting the confidence in the stereo Williams, but I think the weight cited for Kendrell earlier in the thread was a little generous. The roster lists him at 195. I think his size has always been over-estimated. My daughter taught him at Carencro so I was geeked when he signed; at the time news reports had him listed at 6'0", 225 lbs.

Gaston, I sure hope so. I'd much rather have players pushing players rather than coaches settling for and making do.

Remember, Terrance was recruited as a linebacker, but when depth became an issue last year, he made the switch and WAS the first person off the bench when Bailey got hurt. So I think that speaks for his athleticism.

Zylan Perry will be the most interesting rookie to watch in the RB room.

T, is Chris Smith a senior? He is listed on the roster as a junior. I would assume he probably will be graduating this year, but won't he have a year of eligibility left?

KK, not doubting the confidence in the stereo Williams, but I think the weight cited for Kendrell earlier in the thread was a little generous. The roster lists him at 195. I think his size has always been over-estimated. My daughter taught him at Carencro so I was geeked when he signed; at the time news reports had him listed at 6'0", 225 lbs.

Gaston, I sure hope so. I'd much rather have players pushing players rather than coaches settling for and making do.

Remember, Terrance was recruited as a linebacker, but when depth became an issue last year, he made the switch and WAS the first person off the bench when Bailey got hurt. So I think that speaks for his athleticism.
    I don’t recall anything in T Williams recruiting that suggested he was ever going to be a linebacker. Every thing lists him as a RB and all his offers were at RB.

https://247sports.com/Player/Terrenc...iams-46059093/

6. Default Re: Running Backs

I'm pumped to see T. Williams possibly get a chance to make a big impact. From those I know that watched him extensively, he could be very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Not quite. Bailey played in 5 games in 2020. Montrell was highly recruited with multiple P5 offers.
    10 rushes

Glass houses, guys.

"I'm hoping Dre'lyn Washington is a Bailey clone."

Dre'lyn is much bigger than Bailey but doubt he'll be as shifty. He's more of the bowling ball body type, but with speed. Hope he can break tackles better than Montrell did his freshman season. BTW, that was my only critique of Montrell, he didn't break tackles like we saw with Ragas and Mitchel. But, I'm sure he'll improve with age/experience.

I'm looking for Chris Smith to have a big year. He got hurt last after the first 1/3 of the season or possibly closer to mid-season and when he came back, he didn't have the burst we saw previously. Smith and Washington should get the bulk of the carries this season if the stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    Maybe Jackson will be able to make it this year with a coach that goes easier on them in place now?
    I am not so sure that Desormeaux is going easier on anyone.

I still say Bailey was our best RB on the team....hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I still say Bailey was our best RB on the team....hands down.
    1000% what he did in the championship and bowl game was amazing

12. Default Re: Running Backs

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I don’t recall anything in T Williams recruiting that suggested he was ever going to be a linebacker. Every thing lists him as a RB and all his offers were at RB.

https://247sports.com/Player/Terrenc...iams-46059093/
    …..at a meeting they were going to place him on defense until seeing him in drills that confirmed his having very good RB skillls!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …..at a meeting they were going to place him on defense until seeing him in drills that confirmed his having very good RB skillls!
    Yeah, we recruited him as an "athlete"; I realize this is pretty nondescript, but I really thought the plan was for him to come in as a linebacker.

https://forumeus.com/showthread.php/...rance+williams

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I am not so sure that Desormeaux is going easier on anyone.
    Yes he is. At least softer than Napier was.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Boomer I just watched his high school highlights and could see that. I am sure between that and camps they knew what kind of ball skills he had before he got here.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information