Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Running Backs

1. Default Re: Running Backs

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    The kid from carencro who has the same last name as the kid from many their names are escaping me right now pull up a roster.
    Terrence Williams (Many) 6’1” 220lbs.
    Kendrell Williams (Carencro) 5’11” 210lbs.

*Height/weight at signing

Default Re: Running Backs

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Jonson? Did he red shirt last year?
    No Montrell Johnson was a true Freshman out of Delasalle last year had a heck of an season now at Fla.

No Montrell Johnson was a true Freshman out of Delasalle last year had a heck of an season now at Fla.
    Nobody with that name had any stats for the Cajuns last season.

What the "h" is going on here!

Right we are in the same exact situation we were in last year at this time when it comes to experience depth. The only difference is Chris Smith has more experience today than he did last year at this time. The rest have as much experience as Jonson and Bailey had at this time last year.
    Not quite. Bailey played in 5 games in 2020. Montrell was highly recruited with multiple P5 offers.

You're getting crap about leaving out the "h" in Johnson.

Glass houses, guys.

I'm hoping Dre'lyn Washington is a Bailey clone.

I don't know if Kibodi is gonna do it. I hope so, but he transferred in after a little bounding around, switched positions, and then moved back to running back when it looked like we might be thin at RB. And he is a senior, so we would need to replace him real soon anyway.

Jackson was here last summer, didn't make it through preseason training and has come back for another try. Again, great measurables, but how much of the "want to" is there.

The kid from Lamar may be stout, but 3.2 yards a carry at that level doesn't instill confidence in me.

Elijah Davis might be our highest rated recruit ever when it is said and done, but he is a year away.

I think we'll be ok at RB but I don't think we say "no" when opportunity knocks.

For comparison, I think we have at least four quarterbacks who, in the next two years, could be in the conversation as a starter. I think this room is a bit more crowded than the running back room.

Everything that I have heard we will be just fine at running back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post

Glass houses, guys.

I don't know if Kibodi is gonna do it. I hope so, but he transferred in after a little bounding around, switched positions, and then moved back to running back when it looked like we might be thin at RB. And he is a senior, so we would need to replace him real soon anyway.

Jackson was here last summer, didn't make it through preseason training and has come back for another try. Again, great measurables, but how much of the "want to" is there.

The kid from Lamar may be stout, but 3.2 yards a carry at that level doesn't instill confidence in me.

Elijah Davis might be our highest rated recruit ever when it is said and done, but he is a year away.

I think we'll be ok at RB but I don't think we say "no" when opportunity knocks.

For comparison, I think we have at least four quarterbacks who, in the next two years, could be in the conversation as a starter. I think this room is a bit more crowded than the running back room.
    Don't we have a QB who could make a great RB as well?

Douche

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Don't we have a QB who could make a great RB as well?
    Legendre, maybe?

Did Zylan Perry play quarterback?

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstandza View Post
    Douche

This self important yet lack of self awareness cat doesn’t know the difference between their and there but wants to rail on someone for forgetting a letter in a players name. Stay in your softball lane jmv

Glass houses, guys.

You are correct, Kobodi, Ward, Jackson, Orphey and Bryce are all walk-ons. Both Williams, Smith, Washington and Perry are scholarship backs. Kobodi and Smith are gone after this season, it makes sense to sign several backs, if not three underneath in this class going forward.

He was QB1 but they did utilize him as an ATH at times.

My oldest son’s Jr. year Zylan was a Fr., and was without question the best player on the field.

Legendre, maybe?

Yes, similar to McGuire.

Q

Glass houses, guys.

Leger was quoted as saying the many Williams is just as good as Johnson.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information