Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Million!

Support 5 Million!

If UL baseball program had 5 million to spend on facility improvements, what would they be? Here is my opinion...

1.New locker rooms indoor batting cages and coach's offices.
    2.New dugouts. (They are bad)
    3.Bigger scoreboard. (Make the whole area digital and put those ads underneath somewhere else.
    4.A billboard or sign somewhere in the outfield displaying all the conference championships, regionals, super regionals and CWS appearances.

Default Re: 5 Million!

Outfield party decks

Such a misleading, clickbait thread title

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Such a misleading, clickbait thread title
    $4 million spent on teasing the announcement and reaching out to casual fan, 500k for lawsuits over who announced what first, and 500k left for repaving the parking lot, lol

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    If UL baseball program had 5 million to spend on facility improvements, what would they be? Here is my opinion...

3.Bigger scoreboard. (Make the whole area digital and put those ads underneath somewhere else.
    4.A billboard or sign somewhere in the outfield displaying all the conference championships, regionals, super regionals and CWS appearances.
    This has been talked about since 2016. Problem is, they can't seem to find $5 million. Coaches offices, locker room, and hitting facility all under the same roof down the left field line. There is even an artists drawing out there somewhere. Looks great but again the money has to be raised.

6. Default Re: 5 Million!

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    This has been talked about since 2016. Problem is, they can't seem to find $5 million. Coaches offices, locker room, and hitting facility all under the same roof down the left field line. There is even an artists drawing out there somewhere. Looks great but again the money has to be raised.
    They’ve had money but it’s been reallocated. Several times. Some of the money is pledged and will only kick in once a certain amount has been proven to the donors.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Agreed! Just seeing where people's opinions were.

The way i see it the dugouts should have been addressed when the reno to the stadium was done a few years ago. Don't know what it would have cost to redo the dugouts back then but your borrowing 17 mill or so why not do it right and borrow a little more. Construction crews were already on site. I'm sure its double the cost now to redo the dugouts.
    Stadium is amazing dugouts look like their from the 80's,

Agreed! Just seeing where people's opinions were.

The way i see it the dugouts should have been addressed when the reno to the stadium was done a few years ago. Don't know what it would have cost to redo the dugouts back then but your borrowing 17 mill or so why not do it right and borrow a little more. Construction crews were already on site. I'm sure its double the cost now to redo the dugouts.
    Stadium is amazing dugouts look like their from the 80's,
    Everything here seems to be done half-assed. The locker room facility also should have been included in the original construction project, along with the dugouts and replacing the bleachers with chair backs down the lines.

9. Default Re: 5 Million!

Give it to Cajun Field for renovations

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Give it to Cajun Field for renovations
    I see you are dinking IPAs early this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    They’ve had money but it’s been reallocated. Several times. Some of the money is pledged and will only kick in once a certain amount has been proven to the donors.
    Reallocated where? Within the baseball program or athletic dept?

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstandza View Post
    Everything here seems to be done half-assed. The locker room facility also should have been included in the original construction project, along with the dugouts and replacing the bleachers with chair backs down the lines.
    Half-assed is what you get when you don't have money. And after visiting other G5 facilities I can tell you that half-assed is the norm in G5.

I'm hoping we can get these baseball facilities done, but it wouldn't surprise me if we don't see anything until we get the new football stadium built.

One of the scary things, not just for baseball but for athletics in general is the cost of doing business. It cost twice as much just to compete these days. It cost twice as much to build/renovate facilities. I think we will continue to face challenging times unless we start generating funds from outside the lafayette footprint.

1. Fill in the grandstand. It looks unfinished, being able to see the concession stand.

2 New dugout roofs

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I'm not saying that what you're saying isn't true but my God you either have allocated money for a specific project or you don't. Always seems to be a cluster----k when trying to make improvements around here. $5 million is a drop in the bucket for what baseball wants to do. Actually it's probably more like $8 million now. Just a sad state of affairs in my opinion.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information