Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: 5 Million!

Default Re: 5 Million!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    Quite a few folks here who are unfamiliar with modern commercial construction costs and what went into the construction of Russo Park.

1) The stadium you see required the admin going after additional monies and the design/construction team coming up with some cost saving measures to get the stadium built. You're high as a kite if you think redoing the dugouts and building a new clubhouse/offices/hitting facility would have fit in that budget.

2) The budget numbers given for the clubhouse/office/hitting facility are accurate. There have been some truly wild material price escalations in the past 3-4 years. It started with the tariffs on Chinese goods pre-Covid, and then things have just gotten worse since Covid. And then locally you had additional issues with securing materials due to the rebuild of SW and SE Louisiana because of Ida, Delta, and Laura.
    Everyone needs to listen to this poster also when he tells you what is going on with the CF project.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Everyone needs to listen to this poster also when he tells you what is going on with the CF project.
    Oh, you mean another half-ass job. Might as well skip it considering the future of college football with NIL and the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    Quite a few folks here who are unfamiliar with modern commercial construction costs and what went into the construction of Russo Park.

1) The stadium you see required the admin going after additional monies and the design/construction team coming up with some cost saving measures to get the stadium built. You're high as a kite if you think redoing the dugouts and building a new clubhouse/offices/hitting facility would have fit in that budget.

2) The budget numbers given for the clubhouse/office/hitting facility are accurate. There have been some truly wild material price escalations in the past 3-4 years. It started with the tariffs on Chinese goods pre-Covid, and then things have just gotten worse since Covid. And then locally you had additional issues with securing materials due to the rebuild of SW and SE Louisiana because of Ida, Delta, and Laura.
    I agree with most of what your saying but i believe what some posters are saying is the dugouts and only the dugouts should have been addressed when the reno of the stadium was under way. I know its easy for me to say but I'm sure the university had more borrowing power to add an extra million or so to address the dugouts. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstandza View Post
    It's better than any minor league park I've ever seen and a few MLB parks.
    You need to get out more.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    Yes and ok. It still looks unfinished.
    A lot of your grammar is unfinished.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    You need to get out more.
    I have been out, and I was talking about the new Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    A lot of your grammar is unfinished.
    Yeah. And your point is?

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    Yeah. And your point is?
    Besides the one on your forehead?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Besides the one on your forehead?
    Attached Images Attached Images