Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 5 Million!

Default Re: 5 Million!

The stadium does not look incomplete. I do agree the bottom concourse level should have been done differently, but I wasn't the man in charge or the one who got the money and approval. I'm glad he at least got it done.

However, I would have put the Stadium Club behind the premium seating of the Supreme Rice Club and probably a couple more rows of them. A tinted glass look would have looked very cool and give people a more premium, upscale seating option to go in the room and watch from the field level. The entire upper concourse should have been the concessions area. The whole stadium is tied into the upper concourse and the view is great from there, even when waiting in line for concessions. That would have provided great sight lines during concession/bathroom breaks that Robe stressed.

I would think a couple more rows of the Supreme Rice Club could still easily be added and help cover up the horrible backdrop behind the plate.

Any idea where the allocated money for the project has gone? To the athletic dept or to other things in the baseball program? Just curious how short we were at that point and time

The Supreme Rice seats have blind spots to RF and LF corners for about half the seats. Either the dugout are too tall or the SR seats are too low. Design flaw dat.

I never understand luxury suites at the top of the building. Same thing at the old Amway Center in Orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    Many would disagree. It’s state of the art. Please. Don’t even attempt to try to compare Mississippi States stadium to Tigue Moore.
    It's not impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    It's not impressive.
    It's better than any minor league park I've ever seen and a few MLB parks.

It's not impressive.
    Are you saying dudy noble field isn’t impressive?

Quote Originally Posted by 225cajun View Post
    The stadium does not look incomplete. I do agree the bottom concourse level should have been done differently, but I wasn't the man in charge or the one who got the money and approval. I'm glad he at least got it done.

However, I would have put the Stadium Club behind the premium seating of the Supreme Rice Club and probably a couple more rows of them. A tinted glass look would have looked very cool and give people a more premium, upscale seating option to go in the room and watch from the field level. The entire upper concourse should have been the concessions area. The whole stadium is tied into the upper concourse and the view is great from there, even when waiting in line for concessions. That would have provided great sight lines during concession/bathroom breaks that Robe stressed.

I would think a couple more rows of the Supreme Rice Club could still easily be added and help cover up the horrible backdrop behind the plate.
    The horrible backdrop you mentioned is what I was referring to as having an incomplete look

It's not impressive.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    The horrible backdrop you mentioned is what I was referring to as having an incomplete look
    When someone mentioned glass windows behind the plate it reminded me of a stadium I saw in the regionals a few years ago and I thought the exact same thing. It was Georgia’s. If you zoom in you can see the windows and doors that go into what I assume is their club access.
    I think Robe’s vision for the new Tigue was great. The execution was not. It is still better than 80% of college stadiums and some minor league stadiums.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

10. Default Re: 5 Million!

Where is this boring stadium with the unkempt grass located?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Where is this boring stadium with the unkempt grass located?
    That is dudy noble before the upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by 225cajun View Post

Not a good look if you're watching the Cajuns play baseball on TV and you see some big fat guy in the background walking around the concession stand shoving popcorn in his pie hole....but that's me.

Quite a few folks here who are unfamiliar with modern commercial construction costs and what went into the construction of Russo Park.

1) The stadium you see required the admin going after additional monies and the design/construction team coming up with some cost saving measures to get the stadium built. You're high as a kite if you think redoing the dugouts and building a new clubhouse/offices/hitting facility would have fit in that budget.

2) The budget numbers given for the clubhouse/office/hitting facility are accurate. There have been some truly wild material price escalations in the past 3-4 years. It started with the tariffs on Chinese goods pre-Covid, and then things have just gotten worse since Covid. And then locally you had additional issues with securing materials due to the rebuild of SW and SE Louisiana because of Ida, Delta, and Laura.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Not a good look if you're watching the Cajuns play baseball on TV and you see some big fat guy in the background walking around the concession stand shoving popcorn in his pie hole....but that's me.
    Sorry, I will try to turn the other way while I shove the popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    +1

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information