Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 5 Million!

Default Re: 5 Million!

2. Default Re: 5 Million!

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    Well Robe chose a bad design. And as a counterpoint, it IS about TV. When on national tv, do we/you want a stadium that literally looks unfinished? Of course you don’t. If you do, then why spend all the money upgrading Cajun Field? You want it to look professional and first class, right? Sorry. Not sorry. The grandstand leaves much to be desired in my opinion.
    Watching TV (besides replay) when it is live in front of you is dumb.

3. Default Re: 5 Million!

Considering the money spent, I have never seen a plainer looking more boring stadium in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Considering the money spent, I have never seen a plainer looking more boring stadium in my life.
    Many would disagree. It’s state of the art. Please. Don’t even attempt to try to compare Mississippi States stadium to Tigue Moore.

Watching TV (besides replay) when it is live in front of you is dumb.
    Not everyone can make it to the ballpark or live near Lafayette

6. Default Re: 5 Million!

Many would disagree. It’s state of the art. Please. Don’t even attempt to try to compare Mississippi States stadium to Tigue Moore.
    I'm not comparing.

That stadium in the picture has zero personality.

Like I said about outfield party decks, part of the greatness of Dudy Noble is what is going on beyond the OF wall.

Same with Swayze at Ole Miss

That is an old picture of Moo State. This is their current stadium. I could not find a picture of the center of the grandstands.

Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    That is an old picture of Moo State. This is their current stadium. I could not find a picture of the center of the grandstands.
    Thanks for the update

10. Default Re: 5 Million!

Without an earmarked donation, I don’t see any other significant infrastructure changes until Cajun Field renovations are finished.

Well Robe chose a bad design. And as a counterpoint, it IS about TV. When on national tv, do we/you want a stadium that literally looks unfinished? Of course you don’t. If you do, then why spend all the money upgrading Cajun Field? You want it to look professional and first class, right? Sorry. Not sorry. The grandstand leaves much to be desired in my opinion.
    No. It is not about TV. It is about your Ballpark being fan friendly. The ballpark is for the fans. Robe was wise enough to know that. That’s why he insisted upon line of sight concessions to the field

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstandza View Post
    I was told the bleachers are only temporary, and that in the future chairbacks will continue down the lines.
    You talking about the whole aluminum structure or just seats themselves? If the structure, would it change to the precast concrete used in the grandstand area?

Id imagine upgrading those areas would be down the list of priorities either way until the other projects are completed

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstandza View Post
    Well, I was at A&M this weekend and the view from concessions was actually better.
    Lol. I'm not surprised a school that spent over $450 million upgrading their football stadium a few years ago might have a little nicer facilities

14. Default Re: 5 Million!

Our goal was to have our view. We have done that. Now, we need to strive to host again so our fans can enjoy that view from our great stadium.

When Ole Miss came here for post season baseball play, the old Tigue was all over their recruiting videos the next season. Just think how much impact we may have on their videos and the videos of others who may come here for post season play, if and only if we allow them to be successful here.

I agree that the sight line when watching on TV looks unfinished and distracting but i can live with it. Just baffles me why the dugouts weren't addressed when the rest of the stadium was upgraded. Its like we went 90% of the way and just stopped.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information