Poll: Rate AD Bryan Maggard's most recent season (10 is best)

This poll will close on August 11th, 2022 at 07:50 am

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Year in Review: Bryan Maggard (Athletic Director)

  1. Default Year in Review: Bryan Maggard (Athletic Director)

    How well do you think Athletic Director Bryan Maggard did overall in sports calendar year 2021-2022 ?


  2. #2

    Default Re: Year in Review: Bryan Maggard (Athletic Director)

    Wanted to give Dr. Maggard a 10, but docked him two points for: men's basketball and CF delay. Both of which probably have perfectly acceptable reasonings he can't say publicly, but I'm not privy to that. Should have still given him a 10 though because we're lucky to have him.


  3. #3

    Default Re: Year in Review: Bryan Maggard (Athletic Director)

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Wanted to give Dr. Maggard a 10, but docked him two points for: men's basketball and CF delay. Both of which probably have perfectly acceptable reasonings he can't say publicly, but I'm not privy to that. Should have still given him a 10 though because we're lucky to have him.
    CF delay is pricing of material and labor at an all time high.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Year in Review: Bryan Maggard (Athletic Director)

    Had him at a 9 last year he is a 4 this year in my book

    There is still a Lack of communication from the athletic department

    Keeping a dead-end coach than making up stuff for his reasons

    We dont even know if CF construction will begin in Dec 2022 or 2222


  5. #5

    Default Re: Year in Review: Bryan Maggard (Athletic Director)

    And the operational deficit of the last few years is unsustainable.


  6. #6

    Default Re: Year in Review: Bryan Maggard (Athletic Director)

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Had him at a 9 last year he is a 4 this year in my book

    There is still a Lack of communication from the athletic department

    Keeping a dead-end coach than making up stuff for his reasons

    We dont even know if CF construction will begin in Dec 2022 or 2222
    It ain't starting in 2022.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Year in Review: Bryan Maggard (Athletic Director)

    Alot of luster is gone. MBB and CF seem to be issues IMO. Lack of communication as well


  8. #8

    Default Re: Year in Review: Bryan Maggard (Athletic Director)

    Covid impact on budget (not much he could do there), MBB, stadium start misfire. Still heads and shoulders above all other ADs we’ve had other than maybe TDP.


  9. #9

    Default Re: Year in Review: Bryan Maggard (Athletic Director)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Covid impact on budget (not much he could do there), MBB, stadium start misfire. Still heads and shoulders above all other ADs we’ve had other than maybe TDP.
    Agree.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Year in Review: Bryan Maggard (Athletic Director)

    Lack of communication is a biggie. Retaining of Marlin is inexcusable. I think he’d start Cajun Field renovations today if he had the money. I don’t necessarily blame him for that. The budget deficit is a concern as well.


  11. #11

    Default Re: Year in Review: Bryan Maggard (Athletic Director)

    Think we have a budget deficit now? Wait until next year, travel costs are about to cripple many programs.


  12. #12

    Default Re: Year in Review: Bryan Maggard (Athletic Director)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Think we have a budget deficit now? Wait until next year, travel costs are about to cripple many programs.
    Thank god we added a team close by and shifting Troy to the east

  13. #13

    Default Re: Year in Review: Bryan Maggard (Athletic Director)

    The retention of Marlin was bad enough but it was the BS excuses and reasons of why he kept him which is what bumped him down for me.


  14. #14
    Rainman66 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: Year in Review: Bryan Maggard (Athletic Director)

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Had him at a 9 last year he is a 4 this year in my book

    There is still a Lack of communication from the athletic department

    Keeping a dead-end coach than making up stuff for his reasons

    We dont even know if CF construction will begin in Dec 2022 or 2222
    So, should he be fired, in your opinion? In my opinion, a 4 is firing range.

    I have him as an 8, so obviously I don't think he should be fired, but there are 10 people out there that have him at 4 or below. Just wondering what their range is for someone to be fired.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Year in Review: Bryan Maggard (Athletic Director)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    So, should he be fired, in your opinion? In my opinion, a 4 is firing range.

    I have him as an 8, so obviously I don't think he should be fired, but there are 10 people out there that have him at 4 or below. Just wondering what their range is for someone to be fired.
    I dont think he should be fired, now if he is a 4 or below for multiple years than we need to have different conversation. This is a score for this year not his overall job performance at UL.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 22nd, 2021, 12:15 pm
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 2nd, 2017, 01:30 pm
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 2nd, 2017, 01:15 am

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •