View Poll Results: Rate coach Godin's most recent season (10 is best)

Voters
39. This poll is closed

14 35.90%

7 17.95%

11 28.21%

4 10.26%

2 5.13%

1 2.56%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

Thread: Year in Review: Luc Godin (M Tennis)

1. UL Tennis Year in Review: Luc Godin (M Tennis)

How well do you think men's tennis coach Luc Godin did overall in sports calendar year 2021-2022 ?

Default Re: Year in Review: Luc Godin (M Tennis)

3. Default Re: Year in Review: Luc Godin (M Tennis)

So I feel really sorry for Coach Luc, it was unfortunate what happened to this team at the end of the season. I said it from day 1 to late in the season that this teams only weakness was depth and if they lost (1 player) they were in trouble and that is exactly what happened. When they were fully healthy they were 17-1 with victories over such teams as UTSA, Texas A&M CC, Rice, Texas Tech, ETSU, Georgia Southern and Georgia State as well as other solid victories. But then the worst of the worst happened, not only did they sustain an injury, but an injury to their #1 player. And before any of you say well that is only one player, it is bigger than that. In tennis that means everyone moves up a spot, so 2 becomes 1, 3 becomes 2 and so on and not to mention now you have a #6 that is not an every day player. It would have been much better if we would have lost someone lower in the lineup. But even bigger than that is the fact that it really messes up your doubles teams. The Cajuns finished the season 0-4 after the injury sustained to Karlo Kajin. The good news is we return everyone from this seasons 17-5 team (17-1 to start) if they all come back and we are adding the #127 ranked player HS player in the US who is the #2 ranked player in Arkansas. I am not sure if they plan to add any other players. Overall I gave Coach Luc an 8, considering it was his first season and I truly believe this was a NCAA tournament team without the injury to Karlo late in the season. With everything returning and adding a little depth, I truly believe the sky is the limit for this team and this coach.

Thread Information