View Poll Results: Rate coach Deggs most recent season (10 is best)

Voters
165. This poll is closed

9 5.45%

28 16.97%

76 46.06%

37 22.42%

10 6.06%

3 1.82%

1 0.61%

1 0.61%

0 0%

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Year in Review: Matt Deggs (Baseball)

Default Re: Year in Review: Matt Deggs (Baseball)

We need Chipper Menard

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Damn, word spreads fast

Our biggest hurdles right now are: seeing if Brock gets drafted in the top 10 rounds of the draft and the potential for a big pitching injury Next couple of weeks will be crucial
    Are u saying the guy got injured in the regionals?

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Are u saying the guy got injured in the regionals?
    Someone said something popped…

We will move on without Bobby or Chipper. Both will find homes where they can contribute.

They will be the only two current players who portal out unless something very bizarre happens.

We have signed more offensive athleticism. Jobs will be at a premium based on our returning players.

I think if we add any more (and I think we will) it will be pitching through the portal. But as I said earlier, they have to be the right fit for this team. I won't have a problem with adding players who didn't necessarily put up good numbers if they are vetted properly ( and they will be.)

Drake Osborne didn't come in with great numbers.

I would take another Osborne for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    We will move on without Bobby or Chipper. Both will find homes where they can contribute.

They will be the only two current players who portal out unless something very bizarre happens.

We have signed more offensive athleticism. Jobs will be at a premium based on our returning players.

I think if we add any more (and I think we will) it will be pitching through the portal. But as I said earlier, they have to be the right fit for this team. I won't have a problem with adding players who didn't necessarily put up good numbers if they are vetted properly ( and they will be.)

Drake Osborne didn't come in with great numbers.
    Thanks Jay. Any idea on guys with eligibility left who might not come back? Drew Shifflet, for example?

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    Thanks Jay. Any idea on guys with eligibility left who might not come back? Drew Shifflet, for example?
    He’s already gone

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    He’s already gone
    Damn. Any other known casualties?

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    Damn. Any other known casualties?
    The roster started at 41 and ended at 28, so 13 casualties for sure.

That 41 number is what they started with in the fall. There were some who left after the fall. Of those who stayed, the four redshirts, Calloway, Shifflet, Lada and Menard are now gone.

Shifflet, for those who are unaware, had an illness that forced him to miss the second half of the season. He got his degree on Senior Day and is likely done with baseball.

And for the one who asked about Marshall, he was actually cleared by the doctors at the end of the season, but wasn't used to preserve his redshirt. He'll be good to go in the fall.

So far we have added three transfer pitchers from the portal. Not at liberty to disclose names yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    That 41 number is what they started with in the fall. There were some who left after the fall. Of those who stayed, the four redshirts, Calloway, Shifflet, Lada and Menard are now gone.

Shifflet, for those who are unaware, had an illness that forced him to miss the second half of the season. He got his degree on Senior Day and is likely done with baseball.

And for the one who asked about Marshall, he was actually cleared by the doctors at the end of the season, but wasn't used to preserve his redshirt. He'll be good to go in the fall.

So far we have added three transfer pitchers from the portal. Not at liberty to disclose names yet.
    Whoa wait a minute sir. You do know it is against RP posting policies that if you know something then you can not just say you know without spilling the beans. Mr. Walker you must share. LMFAO.

12. Default Re: Year in Review: Matt Deggs (Baseball)

Heard a pitcher that is ironically similar to my user name has to get/had TJ. 18 months puts him out for next season…

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond View Post
    Heard a pitcher that is ironically similar to my user name has to get/had TJ. 18 months puts him out for next season…
    18 months?

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    18 months?
    Should be 9 to 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond View Post
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information