Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Super Regionals have commenced

1. Default Re: Baseball Super Regionals have commenced

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    That’s hilarious. I’m biased as I have ties there but I thoroughly enjoy watching Tennessee baseball. The students are wild and crazy. Knoxville is a great place. The games are fun to go to and they embrace the bad guy persona. All one has to do is read tigerdroppings and see how much lsu fans hate Vitello and UT. They call vol fans and the program as a whole classless which is absolutely hysterical coming from the biggest ashhole fan base on the planet. That in itself makes me pull for Tennessee even more.
    Every good sport needs a villain. And they certainly fill that role.

Default Re: Baseball Super Regionals have commenced

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Every good sport needs a villain. And they certainly fill that role.
    Lspoop clowns chiding and berating any fan base is the classic example of pot meet kettle. Takes 1 to know 1

Post season college baseball is so freaking good. Part of me doesn’t like how under promoted it is but part of me loves that it’s still somewhat regional and undiscovered. Popularity is growing every year though.

Also eff Tennessee. Geaux Golden Domers!
    I for one like exactly where it is as far as popularity. Big games are packed and I can watch every game. I’ve seen what happens to all of my other favored sports when popular culture takes an interest and becomes involved only to use the popularity of the sport to push political and social agendas. Just look at what happened to Jack Del Rio and how the national “sports media” is writing about it and framing it. The only way to keep college baseball as pure as possible is to be as far away from the mainstream as possible.

SEC fans make themselves very easy to hate. I know we threw ropes at stAte. No excuses for that, but it came from the student side. Students can be great and terrible in the same breath. But that turned out to be an anomaly. Haven’t seen a similar act since.

Tennessee has made it a habit on national tv. I can imagine a full grown man at a Vols game throwing a mustard bottle. I’m upset, here come the condiments.

5. Default Re: Baseball Super Regionals have commenced

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    I for one like exactly where it is as far as popularity. Big games are packed and I can watch every game. I’ve seen what happens to all of my other favored sports when popular culture takes an interest and becomes involved only to use the popularity of the sport to push political and social agendas. Just look at what happened to Jack Del Rio and how the national “sports media” is writing about it and framing it. The only way to keep college baseball as pure as possible is to be as far away from the mainstream as possible.
    I was thinking more about the financial aspect. As soon as big money, networks and power brokers infect something, it always ends in ruins.

Btw, I feel similarly about SBC football. Steadily improving product but not yet screwed up by big money vultures.

I was thinking more about the financial aspect. As soon as big money, networks and power brokers infect something, it always ends in ruins.

Btw, I feel similarly about SBC football. Steadily improving product but not yet screwed up by big money vultures.
    There seems to be no lack of persons who would ruin something good for their own purposes.

I’m sure it’s an impossible task to continue improving the product without the marketability becoming too attractive to those persons.

I just think NCAA baseball is in the sweet spot right now. I want to freeze it.

7. Default Re: Baseball Super Regionals have commenced

There seems to be no lack of persons who would ruin something good for their own purposes.

I’m sure it’s an impossible task to continue improving the product without the marketability becoming too attractive to those persons.

Agree 100%

Loving the ECU v TU game and the fans are jacked. Lots of horns down signs, I thought there was a law against doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    Loving the ECU v TU game and the fans are jacked. Lots of horns down signs, I thought there was a law against doing that?
    The atmosphere in Greenville has been awesome the last two days. I need to put that place on my list of stadiums to go see a game

10. Default Re: Baseball Super Regionals have commenced

ECU ECU ECU

Greg Norman and LIV golf come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Greg Norman and LIV golf come to mind.
    LIV was fantastic this weekend. PGA is in big, big trouble. They'll be on par with the European tour in 2 years.

This ECU Texas game is amazing

No way ECU comes back from that heartbreaker. They're done.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information