Thread: Chaz Ward, former Lamar running back, announces transfer to Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

1. UL Football Chaz Ward, former Lamar running back, announces transfer to Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

Houma native Chaz Ward has committed to Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns football on Thursday. He played his first two college seasons at Lamar University.

2. Default ESPN 1420 Former Lamar University Running Back Chaz Ward Transferring to UL

Chaz Ward, a former running back for Lamar University in Beaumont, Texas, announced on Thursday that he is transferring to Lafayette.

Default Re: Chaz Ward, former Lamar running back, announces transfer to Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

Looks like a good back-up, just need too see if Smith can take the next step and be the main guy. I feel like he's capable of it.

Not familiar with Lamar but while 270 seem low numbers for rushing. 3.4 yard per carry is decent. Again we don't need him to carry the team like Montrel. Just provide good depth and let our OLine take over like in the past. We've always been able to run the ball. Hopefully CMD continues it while adding his personal touch to the run game

Last edited by Jeaux; June 10th, 2022 at 12:35 pm. Reason: English second language

Default Re: Chaz Ward, former Lamar running back, announces transfer to Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

I'm assuming this is a walk-on

That’s a biggun

We need someone that can get that yard when we need it. He's got big boy pants.

Cat is stout! 6 foot 234 lbs
    I like

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Cat is stout! 6 foot 234 lbs
    I like
    Heck, with that size he could play middle linebacker

9. Default Re: Chaz Ward, former Lamar running back, announces transfer to Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

I like having a Fullback type guy available when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I like having a Fullback type guy available when needed.
    Same

Default Re: ESPN 1420 Former Lamar University Running Back Chaz Ward Transferring to UL

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Chaz Ward, a former running back for Lamar University in Beaumont, Texas, announced on Thursday that he is transferring to Lafayette. Continue reading…

So, I remember when Ward was a senior. He did camp at UL, but he had some eligibility questions and he was more of a 4.6 kid. We had Ragas on scholarship at the time, so there was really no scholarship available for him. He runs similar to Ragas, so should he do what is necessary in conditioning and learn the play book, he can help in the rotation.

Thread Information