Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: UL acquires OLOL Property

Louisiana Campus UL acquires OLOL Property

Default Re: UL acquires OLOL Property

Long time in the works. Good deal for everybody.

3. Default Re: UL acquires OLOL Property

So this is a win win for the university, technically Our Lady of Wisdom Church and Catholic Student Center is not affiliated with the University it is used by the students and in turn will be, while not officially part of the campus, an unofficial part of the campus, while in turn we pick up the 5+ acres of land that the campus will use to continue to grow one of the strongest academic parts of the campus the College of Nursing and Health Sciences.

The question I have and maybe it is in the article, but I doubt it, is what will the current Our Lady of Wisdom Church and Student Center be used for. As I was there this weekend for a neighbors baby Christening, I would hope that it would be leveled and used for parking for the Church as I assume the campus does not own that current property, the diocese probably does.

I love this move both from a growth standpoint as well as getting closer to connecting all parts of the university, I also love it from the perspective that the facility that we are giving up, will still be used by the students.

4. Default Re: UL acquires OLOL Property

I went back and read the article and answered my own question, the university is currently leasing the land that the current Our Lady of Wisdom sits on, so many things could happen, they could utilize this space for the university, if the diocese does not want it or they could continue to lease this space to the diocese and they could use it for offices or other potential options. Either way the university just grew bigger and again that space will still be part of the campus.

Fantastic news for all parties!

To be clear though, while the thread title refers to the OLOL property. This is not the large tract of land on which the hospital previously sat.

7. Default Re: UL acquires OLOL Property

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    To be clear though, while the thread title refers to the OLOL property. This is not the large tract of land on which the hospital previously sat.
    Yes but the articles states the university is still looking to acquire that piece.

i believe it was stated today by the representative of OLOL and by T-Joe that the deal for the other property is all but done. Someone told me the fact that the both said it publicly pretty much means the deal is done.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    i believe it was stated today by the representative of OLOL and by T-Joe that the deal for the other property is all but done. Someone told me the fact that the both said it publicly pretty much means the deal is done.
    Yes, that’s what I’ve heard now for a couple of months. It’s all but a done deal.

And yes, this really is such a huge deal: just the diocese property would be fantastic, but when it is joined with the OLOL property it will be even bigger.

So I guess Wharton will eventually house humanities programs….I believe geography??? I’ll have to go back and see what the master plan says about that.

Oh happy day indeed!

I would hope a portion of the yet to be acquired OLOL property would go to building the new Hamilton Lab School.

Ok, I found the part of the master plan that outlines how they want to shift some colleges around, in an effort to make the campus easier to navigate.

Of course, this will only happen as funds are available, but the plan is outstanding. And the move of nursing to the new campus could be the beginning of many other dominoes falling.

Quad: becomes focus of Liberal Arts/English studies

M. Doucet: Add English/Liberal Arts, move Math to Griffin, Education to Girard.
    Mouton: No Change, Sociology/Anthropology, etc.
    Stephens: Add Liberal Arts, move Comp Center to DeClouet
    Broussard: Add English/Liberal Arts, move Physics to Griffin
    Lee & Foster: N/C, remains Admin Services
    FG Mouton/Moody: N/C, remain Business
    DeClouet: Add Comp Center, (Gen Studies program no longer offered)
    Girard: Education only, move Liberal Arts (psychology, etc.) to Stephens/Doucet

St Mary

Wharton: once Nursing moves to OLOL campus, adds History/Geography/Philosophy/Psych
    Judice-Rickels: N/C, remains location of Honors program

Rex St/Girard Pk: becomes focus of Math/Science/Engineering/Tech

Griffin: Add Engineering Admin offices, Math, Physics, Geology
    Madison: Add ‘Lab teaching space,’ move admin offices to Griffin
    Montgomery: N/C, Chemistry
    Oliver: N/C, Computer Sciences
    Rougeau: N/C, Ind Tech

This has been a long time coming. I loved to see the video of this land acquisition. I would hope RCAF could do more of this to engage members and potential donors.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    This has been a long time coming. I loved to see the video of this land acquisition. I would hope RCAF could do more of this to engage members and potential donors.
    Man, that was an awesome video. I had not noticed the link until you mentioned it, so thanks.

Big time win-win for all parties and our region. Good job to all who made it happen!

15. Default Re: UL acquires OLOL Property

Progress is a process. Glad to see the process is progressing in a desired and beneficial fashion.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information