Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Looking Ahead

Default Re: Looking Ahead

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I’m pretty surprised about Chipper. They gave him more opportunities than anybody I’ve seen with that level of performance. That’s a lot of experience for a guy who’s walking.

Good luck to both of them. Both had some bright spots but also had the fans pulling our hair out at other times.
    Chipper needs someone to work on the mental aspects of his game. When Chipper is on his game, he’s really good. But the moment he goes south, sinks faster than the Titanic. Wish him the best.

Best of luck to both of them, but neither is irreplaceable.

3. Default Re: Looking Ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Best of luck to both of them, but neither is irreplaceable.
    …..So any word on Marshall? Heard he was ready right at the end to go!

After the Troy series Chipper gave up 7 ER over 21.1 IP for a 2.99 ERA. 3 ERA's don't grow on trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    After the Troy series Chipper gave up 7 ER over 21.1 IP for a 2.99 ERA. 3 ERA's don't grow on trees.
    His departure puzzles me. Lada probably wants more playing time. I sense something like Texas Southern as his destination.

6. Default Re: Looking Ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Our coaching staff may have been following the in game threads and found out here that Chipper needed to go. There was a lot of that here every time he took the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    His departure puzzles me. Lada probably wants more playing time. I sense something like Texas Southern as his destination.
    He was inconsistent at times, and had several bad outings early in the season that inflated his Era. He finished the season with a 4.44 Era, 1.63 Whip and Opponents hit .303 against him. That won't get you many opportunities going forward.

I thought moving forward that Chipper could of been the X factor on the pitching staff. Of course i kinda thought the same thing at the beginning of this season. Granted he had some poor outings early. But i thought he got better towards the end of the season once he settled into a role. 90-93 from the left side at an absolute filthy arm slot(s) aint easy to deal with. When he's right he's deadly out the pen.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    I thought moving forward that Chipper could of been the X factor on the pitching staff. Of course i kinda thought the same thing at the beginning of this season. Granted he had some poor outings early. But i thought he got better towards the end of the season once he settled into a role. 90-93 from the left side at an absolute filthy arm slot(s) aint easy to deal with. When he's right he's deadly out the pen.
    His bad outings early hurt, but his whip 1.63 is not sustainable long term in a relief role. That doesn't mean he could not have improved going forward, but without knowing the facts he could have very well decided best to move on to other opportunities and not been sent packing.

Chipper is a local kid and finished the year well. I thought he turned the corner with his stuff in a year where a 4 ERA usually made you the ace. I wish him well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information