Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SB 2023 Tourney

UL Softball SB 2023 Tourney

16-team field for the 2023 Clearwater Elite Invitational: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Duke, Florida State, Indiana, Michigan, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Ragin Cajuns, South Florida, Texas A&M, UCF, UCLA, Virginia Tech.

Can you say getting weathered early in the season? A lot of big time teams!

Default Re: SB 2023 Tourney

Texas went 0-5 in this tourney this year and is playing for a national championship. That’s how good this tourney has become. . Win 3 and we will be set up early…

Quote Originally Posted by du42 View Post
    Texas went 0-5 in this tourney this year and is playing for a national championship. That’s how good this tourney has become. . Win 3 and we will be set up early…
    You going to the tourney next year?

4. Default Re: SB 2023 Tourney

Big opportunity to boost our resume and grow as a team in this tournament

Quote Originally Posted by RaginP View Post
    Big opportunity to boost our resume and grow as a team in this tournament
    I agree. All quality teams.

6. Default Re: SB 2023 Tourney

Gerry loads his non-conference with the New York Yankees because he knows when he gets to conference play he will be playing the Meaux Mustangs. Good grief, I enjoy the competition but he probably feels like he has to do this to give his team a chance at a host site. It’s feast or famine scheduling for our softball program.

Quote Originally Posted by TammanyCajun View Post
    Gerry loads his non-conference with the New York Yankees because he knows when he gets to conference play he will be playing the Meaux Mustangs. Good grief, I enjoy the competition but he probably feels like he has to do this to give his team a chance at a host site. It’s feast or famine scheduling for our softball program.
    As a G5 program he has to schedule tough games and yes the schedule is built with the plans to host. A lot of P5 programs are scared to play the Cajuns.

RPI

Win or lose, you typically get 4-5 games against teams who are going to win 40+ games.

When will we know the dates of the tournament I'd like to go.

I'll be taking a long weekend as well. That was a good trip for the last time we attended. I think we went 4-1, but that wasn't the elite version this one appears to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    When will we know the dates of the tournament I'd like to go.
    February 16th-19th.

12. Default Re: SB 2023 Tourney

This will be a great experience for the Cajuns!! Just moved from Tampa/St Pete area a couple years ago and loved taking my daughter to this event to see elite college SB.

It is the premier early-season SB tournament, an RPI resume-builder and good prep for postseason. Also speaks to the reputation this program continues to have nationally!

13. Default Re: SB 2023 Tourney

Coach did say on his last interview on the Great Scott Show that he was working with ESPN to get into that tournament. Glad it worked out.

This is a premiere tournament to be a part of. It's a neutral site too, so that helps level the playing field a bit. If I remember right, it's St. Pete's and the Mary Nutter that are the 2 big regular season tournaments. Going to Florida for this type of competition is a little easier than traveling west to California.

Quote Originally Posted by TammanyCajun View Post
    "Tell dem S.O.B.'s to talk about Meaux!" " Meauxs da team to beat!"

Some of you may get this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information