Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: My how the tide has shifted

UL Baseball My how the tide has shifted

After what has turned out to be a pretty successful baseball season I see some of the crow eating has begun. All of a sudden we like "Deggs Ball". Suddenly we just have to accept the good decisions with the bad ones. Suddenly we like the havoc created on the base paths and putting pressure on the opponent's defense. Suddenly it's all part of the process. Suddenly getting picked off on base is OK as we're just an "aggressive" team. We want to order his book now. We suddenly look forward to next season and everyone has become "all in" on the Deggs bandwagon.

People wanted a statue of Billy Napier [until he left for only 3 plus million more per year and a much better career path] and loved him until he started "taking" coaches and players with him. Before all that Billy Napier had carte blanche within the confines of this university. All of a sudden, people [many of YOU] think he's the biggest POS that ever graced Cajun Field.

See the pattern here ? With all that said, maybe a good remedy for the future is just sit back, relax, and enjoy whatever sport you support. It must be embarrassing after some verbal assaults toward certain coaches that you have to now come crawling back into the program and act like you've had their back from the get go. It's a joke.

What many don't realize is that Deggs never changed his style from when he was in the 3B box in 2013 and 2014 to when he came back here in 2020. The difference was we had better players, won more games, and were far more sexy than the 2022 squad. That's it. The problem is that many forgot what it was like with him here in '13 and '14. All the comparisons to Robe began and on and on and on. No two coaches are alike. Let it go. Even Robe wouldn't approve of the comparison but would certainly be appreciative of your support for the man whose hands this program is now in.

We should all be fired up about this baseball program going into the 2023 season. We made it to a Regional when as recently as 5 weeks ago no one gave this team a snowballs chance in hell to win anything. These players and coaches more than deserve the support of the fan base and community moving forward as exciting times could certainly be on the way.

Default Re: My how the tide has shifted

Yes! Please Please on this fan message board. I want silence damnit!

On a personal note, I've always been on the Deggs train. I even read his book. But I have also criticized some of the decisions in games that we have lost. It's what fans do.

Sitting there and not saying anything is what sometimes enables underachievement (See: other particular sports here).

4. Default Re: My how the tide has shifted

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    It is truly ok to be a dumb fan, but accept it when you have earned it. It’s the last part many here have a problem with.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I would be ok with a Napier hall of honor honestly

I'm all in on Deggs but still think he does dumb things as a manager. Is that ok?

He's the man in the arena (Teddy Roosevelt). He makes decision that we don't understand, but fans can be critical.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    I'm all in on Deggs but still think he does dumb things as a manager. Is that ok?

He's the man in the arena (Teddy Roosevelt). He makes decision that we don't understand, but fans can be critical.
    Nope. Can’t say anything. “Shut up and donate.”

8. Default Re: My how the tide has shifted

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Oh, you can say what you want, but you need to be big enough to take it when the other side chimes in.

Honestly that’s a better answer than “clearly you don’t know baseball”

Opinions are a good thing.. Even if there different from our own. Imagine what a boring board this would be without different opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    After what has turned out to be a pretty successful baseball season I see some of the crow eating has begun. All of a sudden we like "Deggs Ball". Suddenly we just have to accept the good decisions with the bad ones. Suddenly we like the havoc created on the base paths and putting pressure on the opponent's defense. Suddenly it's all part of the process. Suddenly getting picked off on base is OK as we're just an "aggressive" team. We want to order his book now. We suddenly look forward to next season and everyone has become "all in" on the Deggs bandwagon.

People wanted a statue of Billy Napier [until he left for only 3 plus million more per year and a much better career path] and loved him until he started "taking" coaches and players with him. Before all that Billy Napier had carte blanche within the confines of this university. All of a sudden, people [many of YOU] think he's the biggest POS that ever graced Cajun Field.

See the pattern here ? With all that said, maybe a good remedy for the future is just sit back, relax, and enjoy whatever sport you support. It must be embarrassing after some verbal assaults toward certain coaches that you have to now come crawling back into the program and act like you've had their back from the get go. It's a joke.

What many don't realize is that Deggs never changed his style from when he was in the 3B box in 2013 and 2014 to when he came back here in 2020. The difference was we had better players, won more games, and were far more sexy than the 2022 squad. That's it. The problem is that many forgot what it was like with him here in '13 and '14. All the comparisons to Robe began and on and on and on. No two coaches are alike. Let it go. Even Robe wouldn't approve of the comparison but would certainly be appreciative of your support for the man whose hands this program is now in.

We should all be fired up about this baseball program going into the 2023 season. We made it to a Regional when as recently as 5 weeks ago no one gave this team a snowballs chance in hell to win anything. These players and coaches more than deserve the support of the fan base and community moving forward as exciting times could certainly be on the way.
    EVERYONE has become all in?

12. Default Re: My how the tide has shifted

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    EVERYONE has become all in?
    No, they have just been made to eat crow and that is difficult for some.

13. Default Re: My how the tide has shifted

As long as my hard-earned money is being donated or I’m buying season tickets I’ll be voicing my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TammanyCajun View Post
    As long as my hard-earned money is being donated or I’m buying season tickets I’ll be voicing my opinion.
    Amen, brother!

Quote Originally Posted by TammanyCajun View Post
    This 10000x

Talking about it shows that you actually care.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information